Continuous expansion in data volumes and their sources raises the bar for corporations to organize, manage, store and analyze data. At the same time, businesses are relying upon data for strategic insight, regulators are becoming increasingly data-savvy, and digital disruptors are forcing companies to change the way they operate. The complexity of business processes and transactional systems within modern global enterprises adds to the challenge. The independent, trusted professionals in FTI Consulting’s Data & Analytics practice are experts at using data to reveal underlying truths of business operations, and to support companies during regulatory inquiries and with commercial disputes. We specialize in creating bespoke analytics solutions for our clients across a wide range of engagement types, from litigation & disputes, compliance, financial crime, and fraud investigation application, to the development and deployment of cutting-edge tools and solutions.
FTI’s Data & Analytics practice is looking for candidates with both a passion for data science, data engineering, and statistics, and the experience and expertise to lead complex project teams while understanding larger business and strategic considerations. Joining as a Director, you’ll have the chance to lead project teams, apply data science methods and analytics to solve complex operational, regulatory, and strategic challenges across a variety of industries to drive significant impact. You’ll have the chance to partner with clients in a variety of regions, industries, and disciplines on key topics, while collaborating with leading subject matter experts across FTI. Ideal candidates should be looking for a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment, where intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial mindsets abound.
What You’ll Do
As a Director in FTI’s Data & Analytics practice, you’ll be part of a rapidly growing team responsible for delivering day-to-day data analytics solutions to our clients. You will develop solutions and recommendations requiring a deep understanding of relationships among multiple internal and external data sources, complex modelling, and information sharing. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing work streams within a project, and effectively delegating responsibilities to junior team members.
- Designing and executing the development of analytic solutions using a range of algorithms and tools as appropriate for the problem presented by the client.
- Driving the application of rigorous data science methods and techniques across a range of industries and applications.
- Overseeing the development of machine learning (ML) models through all the phases of the ML lifecycle, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation.
- Identifying market opportunities for the application of the latest advancements in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to build, test, and validate predictive models.
- Deploying algorithms to production to identify actionable insights from large datasets.
- Coaching and develop data scientists and analysts.
- Designing and implementing complex data models leveraging both external and internal client data to facilitate analysis.
- Supporting the research and development of data and analytics assets used across project and solutions.
- Providing core analytic development and data engineering work at the foundation of all projects.
- Interacting on a day-to-day basis with FTI team members, client personnel, and advisors.
- Preparing project documentation, visualizations and written analyses, reports, or presentations.
- Nimbly juggling multiple client and internal priorities and switching between tasks, sometimes in a high-pressure environment.
All of the above must be undertaken with a view to delivering quality output to our clients within established timeframes.
How You’ll Grow
Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities. Additionally, the candidate hired for this role will play a central role in the continued evolution of the Data & Analytics practice’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) and ML service offerings, trainings, and strategic roadmap.
- Comfortable in a client-facing role with the ambition to lead teams.
- Ability to explain complex issues simply and intuitively, and willingness to challenge assumptions, communicate limitations, and flag blind spots.
- Strong background in math, science, finance, engineering, or statistics, and deep business insight.
- Advanced degrees and/or MBA, with a focus on analytics, technology, etc.
- Prior experience in economic consulting, management consulting, strategy consulting, product management, financial services, or other highly quantitative fields.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication (written and spoken) and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, hard-working, eager to learn, and able to motivate others.
- Able to work independently as well as in teams and adapt quickly to dynamic tasks and deadlines resulting from new or changing priorities.
- Able to provide quality assurance and supervision and effectively communicate status and escalate priority issues.
- Able to produce high quality work product under challenging time constraints.
- Experience with analyzing large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Proficiency with a combination of SQL, Python, R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, as well as the various machine learning libraries available with these languages.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Power BI)
- Proficiency with a wide range of analytics techniques, including statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, optimization, simulation, or closely related techniques.
- COVID Vaccine required*
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting email@example.com
- Proficient in data engineering using data stores including MS SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL, Hadoop, or other distributed data technologies.
- Practical experience with open-source tools for machine learning and statistical modeling.
- Ability to travel internationally for both short- and long-term client engagements.
- Strong understanding of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, variable selection, random forests, classification, clustering, etc.
- Experience developing, implementing, and deploying state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and other predictive models.
- Ability to identify and use the appropriate methodology and approach to develop data science solutions to business problems
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,900 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s 2022 Best Companies for Recent Graduates to work for by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
Candidates residing in Colorado should reach out to RecruitingSupport@fticonsulting.com for additional details that may be provided pursuant to CEPA.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
United States-New York-New York
Forensic and Litigation Consulting