FTI is involved in complex, global, and high-profile investigations, litigation, arbitration and combining end-to-end risk advisory and investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
This Associate Director position is within FTI Consulting’s Global Risk and Investigations Practice; It’s a regional position based in Bogota. The Associate Director will serve as Project Manager to internal investigations, forensic accounting, compliance, data analytics, and damages matters. He will manage other consultants in order to attend project needs and will oversee all work product and client deliverables under her umbrella to maintain quality
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Learns well on the fly – while we do have training materials and sessions, most of the learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, mathematical way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently.
- Is eager and excited to lead a team – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard – while we do innovate, everyone has regular assigned tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which high quality client service depends.
- Enjoys solving the impossible – we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
- Has the ability to travel when requested. Average travel is around 20% of working hours.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for day to day activities of projects including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, subcontractors, and client personnel.
- Act as project manager and lead on projects without oversight for expert work on disputes and arbitration, privileged consulting, economic modelling, damages calculation, and data analysis.
- In-detail review of work product from consultants, senior consultants, other associate directors and subcontractors to ensure quality and organization across the board.
- Perform financial and economic analysis in order to support the strategy of clients in their disputes. This analysis includes damages estimations, loss of profits, balance and profit losses analytical review creating financial models, among others.
- Lead on business development activities to continue expanding our disputes and arbitration offerings throughout the region.
- Apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines and create novel, customized solutions to meet shifting client needs.
- Responsibility for day-to-day activities of disputes and arbitration projects.
- Adduce evidence in tribunals and courts of law both locally and internationally.
- Perform dispute related research utilizing online tools and publicly available information; prepare reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project´s scope and/or result of activities.
- Utilize logical reasoning skills to provide complete client service.
- Apply Data Analytics and e-Discovery techniques and tools to disputes and arbitrations.
- Work with data analytics colleagues to design, develop, and implement innovative reports/dashboards using Excel, Power Point, Access, Power BI or Tableau for various disputes.
- Draft presentations and business cases for internal audiences.
- Perform industry research, assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties, and develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Work to ensure a quality product and delivery of all work within established timeframes.
- Introduce additional FTI services to clients as needs dictate.
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Maintain professional image within the firm and project same to those outside the firm.
- Leverage data and insights to understand product, segment financials and drivers, finding strategies to boost client engagement.
- Manage end-to-end channel execution. Channels include Salesforce, the website and other touchpoints as they become available.
- BS or BA college degree required (eg Bachelor of Economics or Finance)
- Master´s degree (eg Masters of Finance, MBA, etc)
- Minimum 8 years of consulting experience in expert damages assessments
- Proven track record of adducing evidence in courts and/or tribunals
- Good quality review skills
- Good knowledge of database management
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Spanish
- Proficiency is database software
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and client interface skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding client service in demanding, deadline–driven situations
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to think clearly under pressure Strong logical reasoning skills
- Proven ability to conduct training in a professional environment
- Extensive experience working with local and international disputes
- Experience assigning work to subcontractors, negotiating budgets and deadlines
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- FTI University, LinkedIn learning, Coursera.