- Full Time
We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
The position involves assisting in ongoing investigative research in our Risk and Investigations Practice. This practice gathers and analyzes critical information, enabling clients to make informed decisions, maximize opportunities and protect assets.
What You’ll Do:
This Associate Director position is within FTI Consulting’s Global Risk and Investigations Practice; It’s a regional position based in Bogota. Primary duties include conducting in-depth research on individuals and corporate entities using the full range of open sources (media, public records etc.) in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment and summarizing the results of the research accurately and concisely in written reports for a sophisticated client base consisting of top-tier law firms, financial institutions and corporations. Duties also include supervising and editing junior team members, as well as leading workstreams on larger engagements.
How You’ll Grow
- You’ll hone your analytical ability by identifying red flags, validating sources, and making judgment calls about the completeness and accuracy of open source information.
- You’ll increase your familiarity with legal and financial nomenclature and gain experience drafting accurate, concise summaries of complex transactions and civil litigation, working from original documents.
- You’ll tap into your resourcefulness in developing creative solutions to challenging research problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 5+ year post-graduation experience conducting research at a corporate investigations firm or similar organization
- Experience working with a broad range of public records including criminal and civil proceedings, bankruptcies, corporation records, property records, international corporate documents
- Five or more years of experience working with the online information resources commonly used in investigative research
- Experience supervising junior team members conducting similar tasks
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.