Our forensic accounting and advisory services practice undertakes a wide range of engagements, including complex fraud investigations; FCPA and financial investigations; business valuation, commercial disputes, litigation support and expert witness engagements.
As an Associate, you will contribute to client matters by completing assigned tasks accurately and on time with regular supervision. You will typically undertake tasks such as analysing accounting and financial data, performing calculations, and documenting your work. You are expected to communicate effectively with other team members, and to take an interest in how your work fits into the overall project plan.
You will work with senior members of the team, and receive internal training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring. You will need to develop a strong knowledge of the legal process, especially with regard to litigation, fraud and compliance issues.
- Complete assigned tasks accurately and on time with regular supervision
- Reconstruct accounting records from incomplete information.
- Analyse and interpret large volumes of accounting records.
- Assess the reliability of accounting evidence.
- Participate in investigative interviews and client meetings.
- Review financial statements for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Undertake company and industry analysis.
- Perform financial, ratio and comparable company analysis and financial and discounted cash flow modelling.
- Assist with the preparation of draft expert reports and client reports and presentations.
- Interact with clients, including lawyers, in house counsel and senior accounting personnel.
- Undertake networking and marketing activities to begin to develop professional contacts.
- Contribute to company initiatives and team development activities.
- Candidates who has more experience could be considered as a Consultant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related disciplines.
- Obtained (or at the final stage of obtaining) China or internationally recognised professional accounting qualification.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, including experience in financial investigations, litigation support and expert witness services, and/or business valuation.
- Fluency in Mandarin, proficiency in both written and spoken English required.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office applications.
- Eagerness to learn and the motivation to succeed.
- Adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic working environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with senior team members and the client in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and high level of professionalism.
- Ability to travel when requested.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.