StoneX Group Inc.
- Full Time
The AML Compliance Department handles the anti-money laundering/sanctions/financial crime compliance and regulatory obligations applicable to the Firm’s businesses. We are looking for an experienced Anti-Money Laundering/Financial Crime Compliance subject matter expert specifically dedicated to supporting the Deputy Head of AML in various business divisions (including Future Commission Merchant, Swap dealer and other business lines) . In this role, the AML Team Lead will be responsible for handing day-to-day coverage associated with the BSA/AML Compliance program factoring in “best industry” practices. This will include providing guidance to the front office and cross department stakeholders (i.e. customer related inquiries/matters; advising on KYC and AML requirements; reviewing enhanced due diligence conducted to evaluate risk and provide clearance; working with transaction monitoring team to transition TM review and coverage; handle activity alert escalations for further review; work with independent auditor(s) to provide information being requested. The role will also include evaluating current policies and processes on a periodical basis and working with other AML team members on joint projects on enhancements as needed.
* In depth understanding of Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”), USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC/Sanctions, and FINCEN requirements to be applied in practice for the respective business line’s Anti-Money Laundering program covered.
* Support AML advisory function for the respective business line coverage (front office, onboarding, operations/treasury)
* Handle escalations and resolution for front office, as well KYC onboarding and/or EDD escalations; and evaluate more complex account issues when they arise
* Work with AML management on policy and procedures updates/enhancements
* Work with AML management on periodical AML and sanctions risk assessment
* Work with Transaction Monitoring (TM) group on process hand off and timeline for them to take over activity review. Assist with interviewing process for additional TM hire if needed.
* Establish an ongoing escalation path and dialogue with TM team to receive activity escalations requiring further assessment/ SAR determination
* Work with respective Onboarding team – provide training & guidance on KYC requirements; establish escalation path and ongoing dialogue with onboarding team on more complex KYC matters (standing meeting)
* Contribute with expertise in related projects as needed to continue with applicable AML/Sanctions enhancements
* Work with Onboarding and Transaction Monitoring teams to facilitate the AML escalation process, ensure applicable protocol and procedures adherence
* Work with AML management in assessing coverage and controls relating to sanctions screening of payments transactions to ensure compliance with applicable Sanctions regulations. Ensure escalation channel established with SFL
* Drafting SAR narratives with AMLO
* Participate in team meetings lead by AML Officers/mgrs.
* Develop and provide supplemental AML training where necessary (i.e. targeted KYC training to specific groups)
* Strong experience in AML Compliance and related AML, FinCEN, OFAC Regulations and Requirements
* Ability to make effective decisions and demonstrate good judgement
* Collaborative and positive team spirit; ability to foster good working relationships within AML team, as well as with CCO and Front Office teams
* Ability to help front office teams with more complex AML related maters
* Ability to guide other depts/teams as needed with AML or KYC related aspects
* Ability to assist with AML related ad-hoc projects
* Good execution skills with attention to detail and focus on clear, realistic action steps and timelines
* Must have 5+ years of direct experience in AML Compliance specifically dedicated to Anti-Financial Crime, KYC, Enhanced Due Diligence & Investigations, and/or Transaction Monitoring
* Must have experience in banking, futures, forex, broker dealer, banking, or payments/fintech segment within financial services industry
* Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding the firm, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment
* CAMS designation preferred
* Ability to pass background check in all licensed states to be named as board designated AMLO for the respective business
* Hybrid Role – 3 Days on-site
* Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer