Service Care Solutions - Criminal Justice
- Full Time
Job Title: Digital Forensic Assistant (Administrator)
Location: Greater London
Duration: Temporary ongoing
Pay Rate: £16.68 per hour (PAYE)
Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for a Digital Forensic Assistant (Administrator) to work with the Metropolitan Police Service’s Digital Forensics (DF) team in Greater London. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an interest in technology and excellent attention to detail to support the smooth running of laboratories and contracts.
Responsibilities include: * Ordering and tracking equipment levels
* Assisting police officers with queries
* Updating databases, spreadsheets and internal systems
* Carrying out audits and completing asset registers
* Error checking, ensuring all information is present and correct
* Liaising with external providers regarding capacity and capability
* Resolving queries with practitioners
* Dealing with Defence requests, liaising with officers, CPS and Defence
Essential qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience: * Numeracy skills
* Excellent attention to detail, organisation and time management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent computer skills, including at least an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Ability to build effective relationships with customers, colleagues and stakeholders, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work as a team as well as autonomously
Desirable qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience: * Qualification in relevant digital forensics, engineering, scientific or technical discipline
* Previous experience handling exhibits and evidence, with an understanding of continuity and integrity
* Good knowledge of modern digital technologies such as mobile devices and computers
* An understanding of the forensic opportunities digital devices can offer and the challenges law enforcement faces
* Familiarity with forensic environments and forensic quality management systems
* An understanding of the rules regarding evidence gathering and its presentation in court
* Knowledge of relevant legal powers/procedures/acts (CPIA, PACE and Human Rights Act etc.)
* Driving licence
Successful candidates may be asked to provide finger print and DNA samples as stock reference. Successful candidates may also be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this role, please contact Lewis Ashcroft at Service Care Solutions on or email your CV to .
Service Care Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We operate a referral scheme whereby anyone who refers a successful candidate will receive up to £250 worth of vouchers.