Director, Investigation & Compliance | Forensic & Litigation Consulting FTI Consulting is an international consulting group involved in strategic moments in the life of companies, particularly in the context of equity transactions (mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing, financial due diligence, financial valuations of assets and companies, restructurings), and in situations of litigation, fraud or antitrust violations.
Growing rapidly, the Investigation & Compliance team is composed of professionals in Europe who specialize in conducting investigations into Fraud and Corruption issues and implementing compliance programmes. The Paris team is in an important phase of development and offers great opportunities to work on high value-added matters while actively participating in the growth of a dynamic team.
Our work includes conducting internal investigations and enquiries into allegations of fraud, bribery, cybercrime, money laundering and anti-competitive practices, as well as assisting our clients in setting up and evaluating compliance programmes (FCPA, UK BA, Sapin II, ISO 37001), carrying out compliance due diligence during M&A operations, ISO certification procedures or during interactions with the authorities (French Anti-Corruption Agency, AFA).
We are looking for managers with strong financial skills, analytical capabilities, large compliance skills and critical thinking skills to join our growing Paris-based investigation and compliance team. The role requires directors to be able to work on both financial crime investigations and compliance projects. They are also expected to support the growth of the segment by participating in business development activities.
Missions / Your role:
• Supervising and ensuring the day-to-day management of projects, including interactions with clients, other team members and other stakeholders (such as lawyers).
• Conducting accounting and financial analyses, assisting clients in complex investigations.
• Organising the document and data collected for easy access and analysis.
• Conducting research and analysis by using dedicated tools and open sources information.
• Participate in the planning of the different steps of the project.
• Taking part in the interviews.
• Apply accounting, finance and analytical skills in a variety of situations, such as detailed review of financial statements, accounting records and the application of GAAP and IFRS.
• Preparing detailed and concise worksheets reflecting the hypothesis made, methodologies applied, and sources of information used during the execution of all analytical work.
• Participate in the implementation of the pillars of article 17 of the Sapin II law, including the mapping of corruption risks, the drafting or review of anti-corruption accounting procedures, codes of conduct, training materials, and the implementation of third-party evaluation systems.
• Supervising the work of the junior team members.
• Delivering high quality deliverables on time.
• Writing reports justifying the work carried out and the results of the analyses.
– You have a master degree from a leading business school, engineering school or specialised university (Master CCA, DSCG), you are specialised in these subjects and ideally already have at least 6 years of experience in Forensic, Audit or Compliance.
– You are rigorous, pragmatic, and motivated, you have in-depth expertise in accounting and finance, a good analytical mind and a real openness to international business. Finally, you enjoy working as a team and have an appetite for team management.
– Fluency in written and spoken French and English is essential. Proficiency in a third language would be appreciated.
• Substantial experience in conducting internal investigations and accounting investigations.
• Bribery risk assessment skills, including Sapin II, FCPA and UKBA.
• Knowledge of internal control processes, including accounting controls.
• Strong accounting and financial analysis skills, with broad knowledge of different accounting standards.
• Advanced analytical and dispute resolution skills, and complex problem solving.
• Strong skills in writing or oral expression.
• Ability to interact with team members and the client in demanding deadline situations.
• Proficiency in computer tools and related tools, including Microsoft Office solutions.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel, knowledge of SQL and Power BI is a plus.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
• Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to the needs of the client, in a constantly changing environment.
• Quick availability to travel.
In addition to a structured career plan and an excellent working environment, our employees enjoy competitive benefits (attractive remuneration, attractive bonus, company contribution to employee donations, etc.).
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 7,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Employee Status: Regular
Job Family/Level: Op Level 3 – Director
My Profile Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
At FTI Consulting, our goal is to attract, hire, acquire, develop and, most importantly, retain the bestand most talented people in the world. As our company continues to grow, we remain focused on buildingand maintaining a strong culture of diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age,marital status, sexual orientation, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protectedveteran, union affiliation, genetic information, sex, citizenship status, or any other factor prohibitedby law.