- Full Time
REMOTE, Full-Time Forensic Engineer (Licensed PE or SE) Opportunity!
This is an amazing career position for a driven, team-minded, self-reliant individual that enjoys investigative work, helping people and always improving their engineering knowledge and skills!
Orlo Forensics is an industry leading forensics engineering group that investigates damage done to structures by natural disasters, accidental collapses, or explosions. When storms like Hurricane Ian strike, we are there to deliver unbiased, accurate, and detailed damage assessments.
Our forensic engineers must be technically proficient in their specialty areas and clear and concise communicators. The tasks of a forensic engineer include figuring out the cause of failure to make improvements or determine the objective facts of an accident for legal proceedings. Attention to detail and keen knowledge of the scientific method are necessary to be an effective forensic engineer. Writing reports on the condition assessments of the assignments given is the primary role of the position as well as the following:
· Investigating and observing condition assessments of structural systems, roofing systems, and building envelopes on residential, commercial, and industrial buildings
· Compiling findings and writing official reports (Daubert Reports) documenting structural failure to be used in legal proceedings
· Collecting forensic evidence at the site of a structure failure
· Using scientific and engineering knowledge to determine the cause of structural failure
· Managing the repair or replacement of infrastructure
· Providing expert testimony in legal proceedings at courtroom hearings communicating (Daubert report) findings involved structural failure
· Providing risk analysis at construction sites
· Being familiar with the structural properties of a variety of building materials
· Our engineers travel to clients’ sites and begin investigative work, which involves climbing on roofs (commercial or residential) or crawling around tight spaces to investigate damage.
· Communicating complex engineering principles and investigative results to non-engineers. At times our experts are deposed and required to prepare expert testimony for court cases to explain and defend the findings.
Qualifications (degrees, certificates, software knowledge, etc.)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology)
· Professional Licensed Engineer (PE) OR Professional Structural Engineer (SE)
· 5 (five)+ years of Structural/Civil Engineering experience
· Ability to travel (up to 50% in the continental U.S.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to safely work at elevations, in confined areas, as well as in inclement conditions at times
· Full Medical benefits (Health, dental and vision insurance)
· Remote working (full office & forensic kit set up provided)
· Company credit card provided for business expenses.
· Salary is commensurate with experience and certifications ($80k-$150k+)
The future of Orlo Forensics is bright and fast paced. We have a fantastic track record, and we already have a great network of law firms who trust us and our reports. We are aiming to build a lab facility (Wind tunnels, hail guns, explosion testing, etc.) to certify and publish our findings. Be a part of a great ground-floor opportunity with a growing organization led by forensic professionals with almost 40 years of experience!