State of Pennsylvania
- Full Time
An exceptional and exciting opportunity with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania awaits you! Start the next chapter of your nursing career with the Department of Human Services at Torrance State Hospital Regional Forensic Psychiatric Center as a Forensic Registered Nurse Supervisor.
As a Forensic Registered Nurse Supervisor, you will communicate and collaborate on a regular basis with the Chief Nurse Executive, Nurse Manager I, Forensic Unit Director and other supervisors to assure consistent continuity of care and supervision. You will serve as a resource person to nursing staff, nursing administration, members of the interdisciplinary team, and patient support services. The Forensic Registered Nurse Supervisor, through his/her daily physical presence, continuously reviews all phases of nursing service, acting as a patient advocate to ensure that patients are provided active treatment and has the major responsibility of direct clinical supervision and leadership by planning, directing, controlling, and evaluating the delivery of patient care in multiple patient care areas.
The Forensic Registered Nurse Supervisor establishes and maintains a safe therapeutic environment for patients and staff; participates and monitors attendance in staff development programs; identifies and provides ongoing orientation/education and on-the-job training to professional and non-professional nursing personnel; applies knowledge and follows hospital/nursing policies and procedures; participates in Nursing Performance Improvement and Hospital Performance Improvement activities as well as nursing and facility committees/activities; utilizes therapeutic communication; provides knowledgeable daily communication with patients and all employees; maintains records, prepares reports, completes employee evaluations and competency assessments; performs other related duties as requested. Demonstrates competencies in application of techniques and maintains certification in Advance Mandt Training.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
* Full-time employment.
* Work hours are 1st shift, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, with 30- minute lunch.
* In a 2 week period – The forensic Registered Nurse Supervisor has every other weekend off and 2 other days off during this time period.
* May change based on operational needs.
* FREE PARKING!
* Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
* The Department of Human Services provides excellent benefits, pay increases, paid leave and holidays, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
* You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
In compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements, if you are selected for this position, you must show, at the time of hire, verification that you have received either a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination, or both doses of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination, unless you are exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination due to an ADA or religious accommodation. If you fail or refuse to show the required verification at the time of hire, and you have not received an exemption from the CMS vaccination requirements, your employment will be terminated.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
* Four years of professional nursing experience providing care and treatment services consistent with those needed for individuals with a mental or physical injury or illness and/or a developmental disability; or
* Three years as a Registered Nurse (Commonwealth class title).
Necessary Special Requirements:
* Possession of a current license to practice as a registered nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
Condition of Employment:
* Employees possessing non-renewable temporary practice permits must obtain licensure as a Registered Nurse within the one (1) year period defined by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
* PA residency requirement is currently waived for this title.
* You must be able to perform essential job functions.
* A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination.
* This position falls under the provisions of the Older Adult Protective Services Act.
* Under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
How to Apply:
* Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
* Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
* Failure to comply with the above application requirements will eliminate you from consideration for this position.
* Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
* 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
* Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
* Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
* Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
* You must provide complete and accurate information or:
* your score may be lower than deserved.
* you may be disqualified.
* You may only apply/test once for this posting.
* Your results will be provided via email.