The Bank of New York Mellon
- Full Time
Group Manager, Anti Money Laundering/Prevention/KYC
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world’s top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” – 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member in the role of Group Manager, Anti Money Laundering/Prevention/KYC to join our team. This role will be located in Lake Mary, FL
What You Will Do:
* Manages multiple teams of AML/KYC/Prevention staff assigned to research, prepare and review basic and complex client profiles for clients that vary in risk and complexity.
* Manages multiple teams of staff involved in preparing and reviewing client profiles for clients and monitoring global issues, risks and events to determine impact on clients risk level.
* Manages and provides recommendations to the review framework to help ensure that the process, from preparation to approval, is equipped with the appropriate checks and balances to ensure accuracy.
* Serves as the escalation point for high risk and complex issues regarding client profiles, keeping leadership apprised of potential areas of concern. Collaborates with internal stakeholders from other functions to help coordinate AML/KYC/Prevention procedures and policies in overall compliance strategy.
* Will partner with enterprise line of business partners to drive strategy for customer engagement on periodic reviews
* Will work with customers to understand KYC requirements and timelines for completing kyc records
* Provides input to coordination of AML/KYC/Prevention procedures and policies in overall compliance strategy. Leverages feedback to determine whether trainings address department findings and organizational need, and provides insight around the development of trainings.
* Supports the implementation of training programs.
* Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
* Manages multiple teams of AML/KYC/Prevention staff.
* Will actively engage in the programs focused on enhancing culture by driving inclusion and embracing diversity
* Responsible for achievement of function goals.
* Ensures team is equipped to operationalize and attain team objectives.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
* Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* 7-10 years of total work experience preferred with 1-3 years management experience preferred.
* Experience in trading, brokerage, fraud or law or preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business..
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
* Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
* Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
* Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
* 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
* Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
* CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.