JOB SUMMARY: The LPN position is integral to the efficient functioning of their assigned Unit. They will, by virtue of their role, be responsible for providing client care and improving nursing service in an organized nursing unit. Will assist consumers in increasing interaction skills, in improving level of functioning and in gaining insight into their illness; this includes establishing a meaningful relationship with all consumers. #CB, #ZR
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification with or without an accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
* Will assist in the maintenance of a therapeutic milieu; this includes ensuring that client activities take place as scheduled
* Responsible for the provision of client care; this includes ensuring that all nursing care procedures are performed correctly
* Will function as a member of the clinical team and will participate in planning and implementing treatment goals and plans
* Responsible for documentation of all services provided to the clients; this includes ensuring that client records are complete
* Will attend all staff meetings and in-service education programs
* Will be responsible for the administration of medication in collaboration with the attending physician and the nurse in charge
* A person in this position will be required to actively participate in verbal and physical intervention services
* Collaborates with the Charge Nurse, Nurse Supervisor and/or Nurse Manager to ensure a therapeutic environment
* Will have knowledge of the Baker Act
* Will be responsible to ensure that the civil rights of the client are in accordance with the mental health laws and the court of law
* Will advise the Charge Nurse, Nurse Supervisor and/or Nurse Manager on all matters of concern related to client care on each scheduled shift
* Will assist consumers in increasing interaction skills, in improving level of functioning and in gaining insight into their illness; this includes establishing a meaningful relationship with all consumers
* Understanding of crisis intervention skills
* Ability to successfully complete initial and annual Techniques for Effective Aggression Management (TEAM) physical restraint training and verbal de-escalation training.
* The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a workplace of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity compliance.
* The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
* Willingness to abide by the company’s published rules and regulations
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES for Outpatient Clinics ONLY:
* Satisfactory nursing assessment and documentation, psychopharmacology, and provide effective patient care
* Responsible for the development, review and documentation of medication only treatment plans
* Will assist with maintaining documentation of effects and side effects of medication
* Will maintain accurate and timely documentation in the medical record of the Medication Profile, Med Clinic Review form, etc.
* Responsible for recording state outcome measures for clients without an assigned or primary clinician and collect QI measures when needed
* LSBC reserves the right to change the location of work and that any employee may be required to work from any office or department of the company as the need arises or due to company demands
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM) required for an employee to be successful.
* Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs, building productive consumer relationships, and taking responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
* Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
* Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
* Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
* Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
* Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
* Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
* Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
* Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
* Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee’s skill or knowledge within their field of practice.
* Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Utilizes established corporate policies and procedures in making decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Demonstrates knowledge of both mental health and basic medical/surgical nursing skills
* Demonstrates knowledge and skills to administer medications to clients and observe them for side effects and positive effects
* Demonstrates an understanding of the commitment process and Baker Act criteria are essential to this position
* Demonstrates skills that ensure safe and effective client care
* Good verbal and written communications skills are fundamental to satisfactory job performance
* Excellent crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills are key to this position
* Excellent time management skills are vital to satisfactory job performance
* Legible handwriting and good documentation skills are helpful
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing meeting minimum standards of the Florida State Board of Nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
* EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one (1) year experience in nursing, preferably in a mental health setting.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and annually. Other training and/or professional development may be assigned due to evolution of programs.
POSITION CONTENT: This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, Management reserves the right to modify, and/or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.