- Full Time
Position #: 13369
* Delivers quality care to patients through a team effort in working with others through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
* Assures patient safety by executing appropriate policies & procedures.
* Provides appropriate support for pain management, pharmacological and non-pharmacological measures. Assist patient/family in identifying individualized comfort measures.
* Follows up on internal resources to determine the outcome of interventions completed by other departments.
* Mobilizes resources in complex cases to maximize patients control and participation over his/her own recovery.
* Provides information and interpretation of the patient’s condition and offers coping mechanisms. Provides these to both patient and family.
* Assesses how much information a patient wants and needs while utilizing a vocabulary and approach that enables the patient to successfully process the care and course of treatment.
* Formulates and documents a discharge plan that maximizes the patient’s ability to continue with meaningful life activities.
* Integrates assessment and diagnostic information with intuition to foresee potential age-specific healthcare needs. Anticipates patients needs.
* Ensures handoff communication and includes a report in terms of the situations most likely to develop and the problems awaiting patient.
* Identifies proactively issues to be resolved related to patient education for medication management. Provide discharge planning which includes instructions on discharge medications.
* Uses discretionary judgment to appropriately modify patient care regimens. Facilitates appropriate response from other health care team members to provide quality and safe care.
* Explores multiple aspects of care regimen with case manager and health care providers to promote appropriate resolution.
* Displays ability to see the entire unit and is self motivated to develop a plan for adjusting staffing patterns as needed. Attends educational sessions when offered in areas that will improve one’s ability to assess the needs on one’s respective department. These would include, but, not limited to: charge nurse workshops, leadership training, critical decision making, prioritization of workload, etc.
* Plans and provides unique and individualized comfort measures while utilizing intuitive and innovative approaches which are scientifically sound and are a result of evidenced based practice.
* Participates in unit based and/or hospital based committees.
* Participates in performance improvement activities at the unit and/or hospital wide level.
* Participates actively in the preparation of Joint Commission readiness.
* Participates in unit level effort to achieve successful Patient Satisfaction scores and has an awareness of the HCAAPS measurements.
* Performs any other related duties as required or assigned
* Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or Associate’s degree in nursing with current RN experience and enrolled in a BSN program may be considered.
* AHA BLS – Healthcare Provider
* Frequent physical demands include: Push/Pull , Twisting , Bending , Reaching forward , Reaching overhead , Squat/kneel/crawl , Wrist position deviation , Pinching/fine motor activities , Keyboard use/repetitive motion , Taste or Smell Occasional physical demands include: Sitting , Climbing (e.g., stairs or ladders) Continuous physical demands include: Standing , Walking , Carry objects , Talk or Hear Lifting Floor to Waist 25 lbs. Lifting Waist Level and Above 25 lbs
Offers are contingent upon successful completion of our onboarding process and pre-employment physical. Capital Health will require all applicants (including contractors, travelers and consultants) to have an annual flu vaccine and to have a completed COVID-19 vaccine prior to start date, with the exception of individuals with medical and religious exemptions.
“Company will never ask candidates for social security numbers or date of birth during application phase. If you are asked for this information online, you may be a target for identity theft.”