Providence Health & Services
- Full Time
The Forensic Nurse Examiner (FNE) is responsible for providing the comprehensive medical-forensic examination adult and adolescent patients reporting a history of interpersonal violence, such as sexual assault or domestic violence, including victims and suspects. FNE is accountable for the delivery of quality nursing care to this population according to the individualized needs of the patient by utilizing the nursing process, approved scope and standards, and in accordance with the Alaska Nurse Practice Act. FNE must be competent to assess and analyze patient information and history with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, cultural, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and chronological maturation process.
* Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
* upon hire: Alaska Registered Nurse License.
* upon hire: National Provider BLS – American Heart Association.
* 1 year Nursing experience.
* upon hire: Current certification of completion of 40 hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)
* upon hire: 16 hour SANE Clinical Skills Lab (CSL training).
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.