1+ years of registered nurse experience in an acute care/hospital setting strongly preferred.
Performs forensic examinations of individuals who have been sexually assaulted or otherwise impacted by violence and provides related patient care and referrals.
Work Schedule: Part Time Nights
Location: Memorial Hospital Central
Takes a medical history and account of the assault from the patient. Assesses the patient’s psychological condition and performs physical examination.
Collects and preserves all evidence, collects relevant specimens, and documents findings.
Provides direct nursing care of injuries and prophylactic medications. Refers to appropriate personnel/facility for further treatment as necessary.
Communicates with victims and their families regarding evidence collection, treatment recommendations and reporting to law enforcement (except in cases of mandated reporting) in a manner that promotes informed decisions. Provides victim advocacy and/or expert testimony in court trials.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Basic Life Support
* Registered Nurse
* Other information:
Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited or state board of nursing approved Registered/Professional Nursing program and completion of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner training within 3 months of hire.
Required Licensure/Certification: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Minimum Experience: 1 year of RN experience or 6 months of experience as an Advanced Practice Nurse (Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife). Preferred: 3 years of RN experience in an acute care/hospital setting.
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Are you a RN New Grad? Visit https://www.uchealth.org/professionals/residencies/ to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunities!
The pay range for this position is: $33.08 – $51.27 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant’s relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
* Full medical, dental and vision coverage
* Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
* Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
* Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
* Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
* Wellness benefits
* 5 year incentive bonus
* Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
* Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.