Prison based – Senior Forensic Psychologist – salary completely negotaible – Permanent – Nottingham
As the Senior Forensic Psychologist, you will work closely with the Head of Psychology to develop and promote the psychological services within the Prison and work collaboratively with the Psychology team and external stakeholders.
You will be the direct line manager of a team of Forensic Psychologists and Forensic Psychologists-in-Training and will support staff with their caseloads, whilst also maintaining direct contact with prisoners with complex needs including personality disorders, and serious offending histories.
* Responsibility for the line management of Forensic Psychologist and Forensic Psychologists-in-Training, in addition to direct contact with Prisoners.
* Supporting staff with their caseload and direct contact with Prisoners with complex needs including personality disorders, and serious offending histories.
* Completion of Parole Reports and conducting assessments such as HCR, PCL-R, IPDE, and SARA.
* Responsible for Forensic assessments, formulations and treatment of prisoners.
* Working in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative way with the Psychology and Interventions team, Prisoners and the wider Prison.
* The role may also require you to contribute to multi-disciplinary meetings within and outside of the Prison, and liaison with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Leading, developing and contributing to new Offending Behaviour Programmes (OBP) and ensuring Psychological oversight and input where required.
* Delivering training on issues such as managing behaviours, personality disorder and sharing information on complex case formulations with relevant teams to assist prisoner management.
The Ideal Candidate
* You will need to be an HCPC Registered Forensic Psychologist and chartered with the BPS, including full membership of the Division of Forensic Psychology.
* Post qualification experience in management, including working knowledge of psychological theory in working with individuals with personality disorders and histories of violence.
* You will be conducting assessments and supervising others which will require practice in the administration and interpretation of psychological assessments.
Apply online today for more information on this particular position