A Consultant – Data & Analytics is responsible for providing accounting, economic and financial related consulting services as they relate to litigation, dispute resolution or financial investigations.
Our Data & Analytics team (D&A) delivers strategic business solutions for clients requiring in-depth analysis of large, disparate sets of financial, operational, and transactional data. Few organisations are prepared to cope with the large volume of information generated in today’s business environment, requiring corporations to take new approaches to assessing and prioritising what is relevant when managing critical cases and issues. Our D&A team uses leading-edge technologies and proven methodologies to identify, acquire, and transform large amounts of complex and diverse information into workable databases, then uses FTI’s business and industry expertise to analyse problems or opportunities and identify solutions to achieve optimal outcomes for our clients.
What You’ll Do
In this position, you will develop in-depth knowledge of our clients’ objectives and challenges in order to design and implement innovative strategies to assist them through their current difficulties and prepare them for the future.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Identifying, acquiring, synthesising, mining, and analysing relevant data
- Identifying the relationships among multiple sources and types of data, and organising this information to facilitate effective data analysis
- Designing and implementing complex financial database models to generate meaningful statistics and resolve disputes
- Analysing and interpreting historical financial, operational, and transactional data
- Maintaining detailed work-paper records of assumptions, methodologies, and information sources utilised during the performance of all analytical tasks
- Performing the day-to-day activities of projects including interaction with client personnel, FTI team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement
- Preparing written analyses, reports, presentations, and interrogatories for third parties on the project scope and/or results of activities.
How you’ll Grow
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to build a career as a Data & Analytics expert. This unique role is not offered by many competitors and will allow you to utilise your inquisitive mind and apply it to complex problems. You will gain exposure to our wide-ranging client base, including lawyers, corporates, government regulators, and banks. You will have the opportunity to learn directly from senior management in the team and work on large multi-jurisdictional engagements around the world.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Possess strong quantitative, qualitative research and analytical skills
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal), mathematical, and organisational skills
- Possess a general understanding of financial and accounting principles and/or other quantitative skills
- Proficient experience in SQL and/or Oracle related to data extraction, transformation, and loading
- Proficient in analysing data within relational database systems such as MS Access, MS SQL Server
- Able to utilise technology to solve complex problems
- Exposure to Tableau Professional, i2 Analyst’s Notebook, Oracle APEX or other visualisation tools is a plus
- Knowledge of one or more popular ERPs such as SAP, JDE, Great Plains, JD Edwards, Hyperion, Oracle and PeopleSoft is a plus
- This role may require travel to clients and FTI offices
- Attractive remuneration
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Medical insurance program (corporate membership) for individual and dependent(s)
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and drinks
- Employee Assistance Program (“EAP”) – free to all employees and their immediate families
- Monthly Health & Wellbeing program including fitness subsidies
- Professional membership contributions and generous paid study leave
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.