FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 6,700 employees located in 30 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring.
In Asia, FTI Consulting has a team of more than 450 professionals situated in 10 business centres across the region. We provide advice on issues in the areas of finance, risk, governance, performance, reputation, intelligence, compliance and liability. We deliver solutions through our market-leading business practices of Corporate Finance/Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic and Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology.
Our forensic accounting and advisory services practice undertakes a wide range of engagements, including complex fraud investigations; FCPA and financial investigations; business valuation, commercial disputes, litigation support and expert witness engagements.
As a Senior Consultant, you will supervise, execute and complete client engagements, with responsibility for day-to-day activities. You will undertake investigations and complex accounting and financial analysis, prepare short reports and supervise the work of junior staff. You will work directly with senior members of the team, and receive internal training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring. You will need to develop a strong knowledge of the legal process, especially with regard to litigation, fraud and compliance issues.
- Reconstruct complex accounting records from incomplete information.
- Analyse and interpret large volumes of accounting records.
- Assess the reliability of accounting evidence.
- Perform investigative interviews and participating in client meetings.
- Review financial statements for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Undertake company and industry analysis.
- Perform financial, ratio and comparable company analysis and financial and discounted cash flow modelling.
- Prepare draft expert reports and client reports and presentations, detailing project scope, methodology and findings.
- Develop project planning and management skills.
- Supervise the work of junior staff and provide coaching to junior team members.
- Interact with clients, including lawyers, in house counsel and senior accounting personnel.
- Undertake networking and marketing activities to develop professional contacts.
- Assist senior team members with new business development activities.
- Contribute to company initiatives and team development activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related disciplines.
- Hong Kong or internationally recognised professional accounting qualification.
- 3-6 years of professional accounting experience, including experience in financial investigations, litigation support and expert witness services, and/or business valuation.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English required and written and spoken Mandarin preferred.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office applications.
- Adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic working environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle and analyse complex financial information.
- Experience of leading small teams working on client site.
- Ability to work on multiple client matters at one time.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with senior team members and the client in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Strong work ethic and integrity and high level of professionalism.
- Travel required to clients and to FTI office(s).
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.