We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
The position involves assisting in ongoing investigative research in our Risk and Investigations Practice. This practice gathers and analyzes critical information, enabling clients to make informed decisions, maximize opportunities and protect assets.
What You’ll Do:
Primary duties include conducting in-depth research on individuals and corporate entities using the full range of U.S. and international open sources (media, public records etc.) in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment and summarizing the results of the research accurately and concisely in written reports for a sophisticated client base consisting of top-tier law firms, financial institutions and corporations.
How You’ll Grow
- You’ll hone your analytical ability by identifying red flags, validating sources, and making judgment calls about the completeness and accuracy of open source information.
- You’ll increase your familiarity with legal and financial nomenclature and gain experience drafting accurate, concise summaries of complex transactions and civil litigation, working from original documents.
- You’ll tap into your resourcefulness in developing creative solutions to challenging research problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 1+ year post-graduation experience conducting research at a corporate investigations firm or similar organization
- Experience working with a broad range of public records including criminal and civil proceedings, bankruptcies, SEC filings, corporation records, property records, international corporate documents
- One or more years of experience working with the online information resources commonly used in investigative research (e.g. Accurint, LexisNexis, Westlaw, Factiva, etc.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
- COVID Vaccine required*
- *Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting email@example.com.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.