Our South-East Asia Business Intelligence teams works closely as a trusted advisor to leading Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, private market investors, and law firms from across the region and globally. We help our clients understand and manage a variety of business risks, enabling them to succeed in complex environments. Such risks might relate to evaluating potential local partners and investments, mapping out sources of reputational and integrity risk, and conducting investigations to help our clients respond to internal and external threats their operations.
We are looking to hire an Associate Consultant to enhance our leading market position and provide innovative solutions to unique challenges faced by the clients in the market. In this role, the Associate Consultant will provide investigative and professional advisory services by conducting standard public records research and human source enquiries for clients investing and operating in the South-East Asia region.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct thorough OSINT and public record research and overt enquiries
- Process and evaluate human source intelligence gathered throughout the project lifecycle
- Work closely with project leaders and editors to support the production of high-quality, client-ready intelligence reports
- Liaise with Control Risks’ network of market intelligence providers and identify new providers and sources of intelligence
- Meet agreed deadlines.
- Work on multiple projects at any one time and manage own workload efficiently
- Contribute to the growth of Control Risks’ network of market intelligence providers and identify new providers and sources of intelligence
- Fulfil administrative requirements such as completing weekly timesheets.
Clients and marketing
- Support the production of client-ready proposals
- Attend client calls/meetings and conduct in-country research trips when workload allows
- Conduct research and prepare material (e.g. client or sector briefs) to support marketing initiatives
- Curate information on companies and individuals from past reports to expand the knowledge base of the practice
- At least two years’ experience in a related industry, such as but not limited to: financial services, journalism, legal, professional services consulting, government/government affairs, policy, academia
- Has a keen interest in and strong understanding of political and business trends across South-East Asia.
- Excellent research and writing skills. Ability to summarise, process and communicate information clearly
- Ability to think critically and unravel complex information with an investigative mindset
- Written and spoken fluency in English and preferably another Southeast Asian language
- Has a good understanding of commercial transactions and investigations
- Strong working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read and analyse financial data, including balance sheets
- Advanced OSINT skills
- Familiar with research databases typically used in a due diligence project or investigation
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (international relations, politics, economics, business, finance, journalism/communications, social sciences)
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Adapts well to changing business demands
- Shows an understanding and awareness of personal impact on profit
- Strong analytical/investigative mind-set required, critical thinking and problem solving
- Effective communication skills required – written and oral ability to communicate research topics, and more complex concepts in discussion with case managers
- Ability to express ideas and write reports independently
- Comfortable asking questions
- Interest in and ability to work as a part of team, which may include working with colleagues in other offices and countries
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.