Our Forensics experts provide value and assist our clients in the area of digital forensics and eDiscovery.
The Forensics Associate Consultant will have the opportunity to support a range of forensic investigations and eDiscovery matters across many different industries, providing assistance with data collections, chain-of-custody documentation, proper evidence handling, forensic analysis, data filtering and data processing.
The successful Associate Consultant will work within our Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence team to deliver a complete suite of robust services in order to meet our clients’ complex investigative and eDiscovery requirements.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Participate and support on projects involving the identification, collection and analysis of computer systems and electronic data sources.
- Perform computer forensic investigations with oversight from team members
- Produce initial drafts of documentation and reports.
- Utilize quality control and best practices to maintain high-quality work product on all engagements.
- Data filtering, extractions and staging from forensics images for data processing.
- Utilize off-the-shelf and proprietary data collection, analysis and reporting tools.
- Collaborate with the Compliance Forensics and Intelligence team and other teams within Control Risks to provide a holistic solution to our clients.
- Ability to travel and work in challenging environments (up to 40% of time).
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of hands-on technical and/or computer forensic investigations experience. Understanding of best practices procedures and technological trends in the industry
- Experienced in conducting digital forensic preservations and examinations on mobile device operating systems using industry-standard forensic tools
- Proficient in the use of industry-standard forensic and eDiscovery tools (preferably familiar with EnCase, FTK, Tableau, X-Ways, Macquisiton, Cellebrite Nuix, and Relativity)
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement team
- Able to explain difficult technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms
- Superior fundamental understanding of IT systems and infrastructure
- Knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- SQL, PowerShell experience
- Experience in consulting on complex matters, solving problems, troubleshooting and working with clients while collaborating with internal stakeholders to provide exceptional service
Qualifications and specialist skills
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Forensics or related field
- Certified as a Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), EnCase Examiner, (EnCE) or Access Data Examiner (ACE) preferred
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences in different jurisdictions, with varying degrees of experience and technical acumen
- Ability to work well within a logistically diverse team through timely and effective communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while effectively managing competing demands and evolving priorities
- Strong work ethic, eagerness to learn, and motivation to succeed
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally with short notice
- Owns problems, identifies and works with the right people to solve problems quickly within own remit and wider team(s)
- Implements plans to ensure objectives are achieved or exceeded; focuses on delivery. Shows and encourages a determination to achieve high standards
- Anticipates the needs of clients and addresses them. Provides the best possible service to our clients, ensuring the client is at the heart of everything we do.
Know the business
- Builds strong relationships through common goals, individual contribution and support in times of need
Adapting to change
- Operates effectively and with resilience in changing or ambiguous situations, contributes to changing environments, and actively assists those around them to adapt
- All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- Medical Benefits, Prescription Benefits, FSA, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Disability Benefits, Voluntary Benefits, 401 (K) Retirement, Nationwide Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.