This role may be based in Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC, or Houston.
Control Risks is seeking an Associate Director with a strong Digital Forensics subject-matter skillset to help implement and oversee the full lifecycle of a project including all aspects of client matters; from creation and setup to managing the engagement’s success and coordinating with operations and finance through client billing and invoicing.
A successful candidate will be able to apply his/her knowledge of litigation support and technology to bridge the gap between clients’ specific requirements and Control Risks’ production and technical resources to ensure work is done to client satisfaction and company standards.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Consult with clients on project workflow and industry best practices
- Develop and implement new ideas to create customized solutions on a client-by-client basis
- Liaise with clients to develop strong client relations and demonstrate a high level of commitment to client success
- Continuously monitor and manage multiple eDiscovery projects from beginning to end
- Manage internal and external client expectations throughout the entire life cycle of a project
- Responsible for execution and delivery of client requests on time and within budget estimates
- Act as client advocate to ensure where there are new requirements, the development team is aware of the prioritization of the need
- Responsible for supervision and quality execution of daily activities of projects, including interaction with other team members, leaders and client personnel
- Adhere to driving quality work product for the team and delivering all work within established timeframes
- Participate in internal projects for process improvement, commercial management and technology innovation/development
- Contribute to business development and branding/marketing initiatives through networking, thought leadership and research
Knowledge and experience:
- 6-8 years of professional Digital Forensics, litigation support and project management experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Relativity, ability to set up new projects to client specifications and to consult on Relativity’s functionality
- Experience with cross-border investigations and related discovery concerns
- Experience and familiarity with all phases of litigation, including forensic data preservation, data processing, review, data production and litigation support
- Understanding of fundamentals of effective project management for eDiscovery projects
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and spoken English- and Portuguese-language skills
- Additional certifications in relevant tools and/or technologies
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with all MS Office applications, especially MS Excel. Working experience with industry-leading litigation support software (e.g., Ringtail, Summation, Concordance, IPRO, LiveNote, Trial Director, Casemap and MS Access) will be a differentiator
- Excellent English-language written and oral presentation skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences of varying degrees of expertise
- Availability to work extended hours as needed when client project loads increase
- High degree of confidence and energy level coupled with leadership initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while effectively juggling competing demands, prioritizing appropriately and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- Medical Benefits, Prescription Benefits, FSA, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Disability Benefits, Voluntary Benefits, 401 (K) Retirement, Nationwide Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.