This role is responsible for developing prospects and clients for our business intelligence and due diligence services; managing and delivering our more complicated business intelligence engagements in France (and potentially other Francophone jurisdictions); and developing our network of sources and contacts. The position has utilisation and sales origination targets.
The position’s core responsibilities are:
1. Identifying prospects for business intelligence and due diligence services in France (including with entirely new clients and existing clients of Control Risks that are buyers of other services) and building marketing campaigns to engage them.
2. Managing relationships with clients that are significant buyers of due diligence and business intelligence in France.
3. Developing our products and deliverables in response to client feedback to account for local market conditions.
4. Managing and delivering more complicated business intelligence and due diligence cases in France, and – dependent – on the candidate’s experience in other Francophone jurisdictions, such as West Africa.
The successful candidate would join an established business intelligence and due diligence team, with over 25 team members in Europe. The team is growing due to the diversification of our client base by both the type or organisation and their geographical location. This role will lead our growth in France and possibly other Francophone jurisdictions.
Client management and business development
- Closely manage existing clients in France that are regular consumers of business intelligence and due diligence, and grow these relationships for other services offered by Control Risks
- Identify and secure new client relationships through pro-active business development efforts in France
- Collaborate with other regional business intelligence teams on global business development initiatives
- Regular engagement with clients to understand how their business intelligence and due diligence requirements are evolving, and ensure this is fed into discussions about products and services we are developing
Case and project work
- Ensure proposals focus on our clients’ requirements and our ability to meet them, and that our proposals stay ahead of the market by incorporating clients’ feedback and service innovation
- Lead more complicated business intelligence projects in France, and multi-jurisdictional projects that stretch outside France, including possibly in Francophone Africa if the candidate’s experience allows
- Develop and manage our source and subcontractor network in France
- Foster an inclusive, collaborative environment between practice areas, offices and regions
- Ensure that pricing, margins and value are understood in the team to ensure we capture lower and higher margin opportunities
Knowledge and experience
- Delivering complicated due diligence and business intelligence services, particularly for one or more of the following types of client in France: private markets investors and their legal advisors, disputes and litigation counsel, and government affairs or legal and compliance teams in multinational corporates
- Sustaining trusted advisor relationships with senior-decision makers within these types of clients
- Identifying and growing new client relationships, and growing a practice area around this
- Innovating services and successfully taking these to clients
- Demonstrating in-depth knowledge and understanding of business, economic and political trends in France (and possibly also Francophone Africa if the candidate’s experience allows)
Qualifications and skills
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills in French and English (Spanish is an advantage but not a necessity)
- Advanced analytical and report writing skills in French and English
- Methodical approach and strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple commitments under time pressure
- Demonstrable commercial acumen when planning and pricing projects
- Innovates to create and deliver value to meet the needs of the organisation, its market and clients
- Acts decisively and makes tough decisions even when under pressure
- Is a trusted expert and advisor
- Ensures sound commercial awareness applied to all solutions, harnessing margin improvement
- Builds strong global relationships
- Persuades and influences others to achieve results
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.