We are looking for a dynamic, experienced individual to be part of a team conducting business intelligence in France, the UK and other jurisdictions where appropriate. The successful candidate will be a critical thinker with good communication skills, with an interest in business transactions and operations.
The Consultant will investigate, evaluate and interpret both open source and human intelligence information in the context of complex corporate investigations and problem solving assignments.
Investigative case management
- Manage and execute a range of business intelligence and compliance projects including due diligence, background checks, market entry studies, asset identification, litigation support, problem solving and power mapping.
- Liaise with clients to understand their requirements and ensure that our proposals deliver solutions tailored to those needs.
- Manage the entire project cycle, from initial client request to proposal drafting, acceptance, delivery and invoicing.
- Liaise with our human source network and expand it by cultivating contacts across France and the UK.
- Manage projects, including of the project team and subcontractors.- Ensure the delivery of projects on budget, scope and deadline.
- Brief and present findings, in writing, verbally and through charts and diagrams, to internal and external clients.
Business, practice and solution development
- Take an active part in developing Control Risks’ client base, seeking to both maintain existing relationships and develop new ones with decision makers. Facilitate, where appropriate, the introduction and provision of additional Control Risks’ services.
- Seek opportunities to be improve our current methodologies, including through the application of new technology, innovation, approaches, resources and sources.
Career Framework level E. Application closing date for Control Risk employees 4 January 2022.
- Previous professional experience, ideally within the Business Intelligence industry, with at least 4 years working as a business analyst or researcher in a client-facing role.
- Experience of managing complex projects and presenting findings to clients.
- Experience of interacting with and managing a network of human sources in France and the UK.
- An understanding of the region’s political and commercial environment, and demonstrated understanding of business trends and challenges.
- Demonstrated commitment to business intelligence and compliance, with strong knowledge of research techniques, databases, networks, online registers and archives, and research in the general internet.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Education to Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Professional fluency in English and French.
- Ability to understand, summarise and present large amounts of information.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.