- Full Time
We are looking to bring onboard a subject matter expert in data analytics and structured data systems to help enhance and grow the capabilities of the Forensic Data Analytics practice for the EMEA region. The successful applicant will collaborate with the wider regional Forensics team in technology and investigations to provide data-driven expertise to service client needs and business opportunities.
This role has four main focus areas:
1. Bring data analytics skills to client engagements and the ability to transform and analyse raw data to bring actionable insights.
2. Collaborate and assist in the development of business offerings for forensic data analytics and technology services across EMEA and globally.
3. Offer expertise to our internal clients (inter-woven service lines on the client-facing and back-office delivery).
4. Contribute to thought leadership and instil best practices in data analytics for regulatory, compliance and business issues
The Consultant should have experience helping clients address adverse business situations including regulatory enforcement, white collar investigations, FCPA and anti-corruption cases, commercial litigation and criminal/civil inquiries. Relevant experience working in regulated industries such as pharmaceutical and financial services is preferred.
The role is primarily in the EMEA Forensic Technology team but will reinforce the Data Analytics expertise in the DA team and to the wider business in need of analytics support.
- Work collaboratively with experts in digital forensics, eDiscovery and forensic accounting/investigations across the EMEA region to enhance the Forensic Technology practice.
- Data analytics consulting and project management (85% of Role)
- Design and implement qualitative and quantitative data analysis methodologies to discover meaningful trends, red flag behaviour and optimise operational efficiencies
- Create dynamic data visualisation and monitoring dashboards for reporting and ongoing analysis of client risk areas
- Develop work plans to identify, collect, aggregate and analyse relevant data from enterprise data systems to support clients and counsel
- Identify and establish data relationships among disparate sources and organise into a centralised data model to facilitate analysis
- Implement statistical and mathematical methodologies to construct complex data models to interrogate data for anomalies and patterns
- Leverage a risk-based approach to narrow the scope of focus on engagements with high data volumes and complex filtering criteria
- Advise on high-profile, challenging and multi-jurisdictional matters involving Data Analytics consulting
- Deliver on-time errorless work to meet project deadlines and evolving client needs throughout the entire life cycle of the project
- Work to exceed clients’ expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects
- Oversee consistent gathering of client and project requirements and ensuring that requirements are properly documented and managed
Business development and Growth (15% of Role)
- Lead and create presentations of data analytics capabilities for prospective corporate clients and law firms
- Assist regional marketing, business development and sales prospecting with business developers in Global Client Services
- Prepare outgoing project proposals including budget, staffing and time estimates
- 3-5 years of professional and technology experience, preferably in a forensic accounting, legal technologies, strategy, compliance and investigations setting
- Knowledge and experience working in regulated industries such as pharmaceuticals, financial services and insurance
- Knowledge of anti-fraud, investigations, anti-bribery and corruption and regulatory requirements analysis skillsets
- Proven knowledge and experience using advanced analytic tools for data visualisation, predictive modelling, data management, ETL, data aggregation and dynamic reporting
- Hands-on technical experience mining and analysing structured data with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including advanced experience with SQL query building
- Proven experience managing client expectations and providing relevant solutions through the project life cycle
- Experience in creating project estimates, project plans, proposals and retention agreements
- In depth experience in the use of data visualisation tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Linkurious, and Spotfire
- A working knowledge of the EDRM model and eDiscovery principles
- Bachelor’s degree; post-graduate degree or JD a plus
- Advanced experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, SAP, Oracle and/or other database applications
- Significant experience in Python, SAS, ACL, VBA and Java required
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences of varying degrees of expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent client-facing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines while effectively juggling competing demands, prioritising appropriately and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Ability to travel (including internationally) when requested
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working