We are looking for a dynamic, experienced individual to be part of a team conducting business intelligence across Central and Eastern Europe. The successful candidate will be a critical thinker with good communication skills, with an interest in business transactions and operations.
The consultant will investigate, evaluate and interpret both open source and human intelligence information in the context of complex corporate investigations and problem-solving assignments.
Role tasks and Responsibilities
Investigative Case Management
- Manage a range of business intelligence and compliance projects including due diligence, background checks, market entry studies, asset identification, litigation support, problem solving and power mapping.
- Liaise with clients to understand their requirements and ensure that our proposals deliver solutions tailored to those needs.
- Liaise with our source network and expand it by cultivating contacts across Central and Eastern Europe and German speaking countries.
- Manage individuals including researchers and subcontractors.
- Manage projects from initial client request to proposal drafting, acceptance, delivery and invoicing.
- Oversee the effective performance of and delivery of feedback to researchers.
- Ensure the delivery of projects on budget, scope and deadline.
- Brief and present findings to internal and external clients.
- Measure the profitability of projects.
Business and Practice Development
- Take an active part in developing Control Risks’ client base, seeking to both maintain existing relationships and bring new ones.
- Support account managers on business development initiatives such as attending conferences, client meetings and briefings.
- Seek opportunities to improve our current methodologies, including through the application of new technology and new sources.
- Previous professional experience, ideally within the Business Intelligence industry.
- Experience of managing projects and presenting findings to clients.
- Experience of interacting with and managing a network of human sources in Europe.
- An understanding of the region’s political and commercial environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to business intelligence and compliance.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Significant experience working as a business analyst or researcher.
- Demonstrated understanding of business trends and challenges in Europe.
- Education to Bachelor’s degree or preferably Master’s degree level or equivalent experience.
- Professional fluency in English, German. Knowledge of an Eastern European language including Polish, Serbo-Croatian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Romanian, Czech or Slovak is an advantage.
- Ability to understand, summarise and present large amounts of information.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
Internal applicants only – Career Framework Band D / E