Control Risks is seeking an Associate Director / Director to lead our data analytics team within the Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence group. This professional will be responsible for providing data analytics and consulting services to help clients address adverse business situations including anti-corruption initiatives, corporate investigations, litigation, and criminal/civil inquiries, and will assist corporations and legal teams with data identification, modelling and analytics. A successful Associate Director / Director will lead and develop the Data Analytics practice in Brazil, support and collaborate with the existing Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence team to deliver services and work product to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations and company standards.
Tasks and resopnsibilities
- Driving client meetings and proactively developing business opportunities
- Developing proposals for future client work
- Contributing to and building complex, multi-service line proposals
- Project scoping and planning, to support pricing
- Cultivating long-term relationships with clients
- Managing Data Analytics projects (e.g., running kick-off meetings, refining outputs, developing recommendations)
- Design and implement qualitative and quantitative data analysis methodologies to discover meaningful trends, red flag behavior, and optimize operational efficiencies.
- Create dynamic data visualization and monitoring dashboards for reporting and ongoing analysis of client risk areas.
- Identify and extract relevant data from client enterprise data systems and structured databases (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
- Organize and interrogate electronic data to assess completeness and appropriateness for analysis
- Identify and understand relationships between multiple data sources
- Create and design data queries, procedures and reports to address client requests and project strategies
- Prepare written analyses, summary reports, presentations and other client deliverables for projects and work performed
- Create and maintain documentation of assumptions, methodologies and information sources throughout the project lifecycle
- At least 4 years working in consulting, finance/accounting, strategy or other relevant industry with an emphasis in analytics and complex problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large amounts of data and interpreting the results
- Proficiency in SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge and experience using advanced analytic tools for data visualization, predictive modelling, data management, ETL, data aggregation and dynamic reporting.
- Knowledge of anti-fraud, investigations, anti-bribery and corruption and regulatory requirements analysis skillsets preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL, SAP, Oracle, DB2, Microsoft Access and/or other database applications
- Familiarity with software and tools such as Tableau, Python, SAS, ACL, VBA, and/or Java preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Excel including modelling and data pivoting skills
- Ability to leverage technology to solve problems
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences of varying degrees of expertise
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong organizational, project management skills
- Ability to travel when requested
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- Competitive benefit package.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.