This position may be based in New York or Washington DC.
As a trusted client advisor and highly motivated business developer, the Director will consult with law firm and corporate clients to identify and secure new opportunities for the Technology practice and manage and grow new and existing client relationships. A successful Director will seamlessly transition new leads into service delivery and work closely with the Discovery Consulting and Project Management teams through the full lifecycle of projects. Business development including origination, ownership of sales leads and collaboration is central to this role.
The Director will effectively apply his/her knowledge of litigation support and technology to bridge the gap between clients’ specific requirements and Control Risks’ technical resources, global reach and expert capabilities to ensure work is done to client satisfaction and company standards. The Director will help define workflows, manage tasks and balance priorities on projects as requested by clients. The Director will also be responsible for maintaining and managing the overall client relationship and commercial aspects of engagements.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience selling and managing litigation and investigative support services and will be able to work alongside the Technology group’s project managers through successful execution of all client engagements. The Director will serve as a point of escalation and quality control throughout each engagement. The role also will entail working alongside the Forensics and Discovery teams to develop their success as Seller/Servicer(s) and look to sell repeat work into existing clients, introduce more experts and cross-sell other services. The candidate will build, develop and cultivate a strong network with both clients, industry practitioners and other resources to support our talent recruitment needs.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Business Development and Clients:
- Meet or exceed new business targets for Forensics, eDiscovery and Data Analytics services
- Maintain client-facing Technology consulting role and meet or exceed utilization targets while upholding revenue origination
- Create a clear and compelling growth strategy for the law firm and corporate client portfolio in the region, to include white space analysis, prospect identification and prioritization, competitor displacement, value propositions and sales tactics
- Collaborate with colleagues in Discovery Consulting, marketing and the Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice domestically and internationally, to craft campaigns that will result in increased Technology revenue
- Support outbound to other regions, technology opportunities tied to US law firm and corporate accounts with cross-border disputes and investigative matters
- Actively manage own pipeline of new business from lead qualification through to close
- Facilitate client interaction with Control Risks’ SMEs to deepen client relationships and cross-sell other consulting services
- Industry awareness and contribution to business development efforts through participation in industry events, white papers, webinars, client demos and internal technology initiatives
Business Management and Project Oversight:
- Project oversight function on engagements to ensure highest levels of client service and profitability on an individual matter basis
- Manage internal and external client expectations throughout the entire life cycle of a project
- Identify and manage risks, including commercial aspects, throughout all facets of engagements and projects
- Contribute to innovation within the Technology practice by gathering client feedback and market intelligence to play an active role in the evolution of our offering and go-to-market strategies
- Devise and promote innovative pricing models to ensure competitiveness in the market while preserving target trading profit margins
- Support the Technology leadership team in day-to-day business administration, including but not limited to forecasting, invoicing and reporting
Knowledge and experience:
- Significant proven experience consulting on and selling Forensics, eDiscovery and Data Analytics services to AmLaw 100 firms and Fortune 500 companies
- Significant experience and familiarity with all phases of litigation and investigations, including forensic data preservation and collection, data filtering and processing, hosting, analytics, review, data production, and broader litigation support services
- Understanding of fundamentals of effective project management in eDiscovery matters
- Experience negotiating complicated sales and dealing with contractual variations
- Experience using time-entry and CRM systems
Qualifications and specialist skills:
- 5+ years of professional sales experience in eDiscovery, Legal Technology and/or Litigation Support
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of industry applications including RelativityOne, Reveal-Brainspace, EnCase, Cellebrite and Nuix
- Ability to scope matter requirements, draft proposals and capability decks, and respond to RFPs
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter mentality to generate revenue opportunities
- Availability to work extended hours as needed when client project loads increase
- Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas concisely, articulately and appropriately
- Possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent follow through and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Willingness to travel as needed
- All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- Medical Benefits, Prescription Benefits, FSA, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Disability Benefits, Voluntary Benefits, 401 (K) Retirement, Nationwide Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.