- Full Time
We have offices in both Mumbai and New Delhi and either are possible work locations for this position.
- Taking a lead role in winning and delivering complex business intelligence engagements and ensuring a high quality of service delivery
- Playing a key role in developing and executing strategy for the Business Intelligence, and broader Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice across the local market
- Demonstrating superior understanding of client needs and account management skills. Building long-lasting and meaningful client relationships
- Constantly seeking innovative ways to improve services we offer to our clients
- Leading, motivating and developing a team of high-performing consultants
- Leading on Research and Knowledge management best practice for the South Asia market
- The successful candidate would join an established business intelligence team, with over 70 team members in 9 cities across the APAC region, though working collaboratively with all other practice areas in Control Risks.
Role tasks and responsibilities
- Lead, develop and coach a high-performing practice team. Manage performance and offer specialist training to develop the practice team
- Identify and resolve skill gaps and support the recruitment and retention of high calibre consultants, in consultation with local management
- Set, and periodically review, objectives for all members of the Business Intelligence team across the practice in line with company policy
- Manage effectively the commercial aspects of this practice, which include overall analysis of projects undertaken to ensure targets for profitability, utilisation and realisation are met
- Participate in financial controls of practice, including budget planning
- Client relationships
- Foster thriving client relationships, including exploiting cross-selling opportunities to relevant parts of the business
- Grow client accounts to higher and broader levels of service; expand the relationship by service and geography
- Play an active role in generating new client leads for the business.
Business development and strategy
- Define and implement competitive business strategies and well-crafted business plans designed to expand the company’s standing with its clients
- Ensure Business Intelligence revenue targets are met or exceeded
- Consistently develop the company’s position with its clients to enhance business development in close co-ordination with the other practice areas, and secure higher fee-earning engagements
- Identify opportunities to differentiate Control Risks’ services by applying crisis management, fraud and forensics, and political and country risk methodologies from other practice areas
- Represent Control Risks at events and other business development functions and assist in developing Control Risks’ profile within the region
- Work closely with other regional CFI teams on business development initiatives
- Supporting the growth of Control Risks’ brand in the region
- Oversee multiple complex assignments, create project teams, and set plans, deliverables and project budgets
- Manage output from direct reports: ensure rigorous quality control and the highest standards of service delivery.
- Ensure projects are priced, structured and managed effectively to deliver on profit and within margin targets
- Contribute to good cash flow by invoicing in a timely fashion and participating in the collection process
- Strong track record of managing client relationships and winning and delivering complex business intelligence assignments
- The ability to advance the growth of the business with a continuous view to profit
- Extensive and demonstrable experience operating within a commercial environment
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and gain repeat business from clients
- Experience representing a company’s products and services, and positioning them against competitors
- A passion for high-quality service delivery and project output
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members, and leading and actively participating in training programmes
- Ability to synthesise knowledge and information with client needs to build compelling value propositions to drive sales targets
- At least 12-15 years’ professional experience working for a leading professional services firm
- Holding a senior position in business intelligence or related field
- Experience across markets
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
- Working with our clients, from day one our people are given direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to work collaboratively on fascinating projects in a rewarding and inclusive global environment.
- The Company is committed to further its diversity, inclusion and equity agenda and as an employee you have access to various business resource groups in the Company including the Company’s LGBT+ network called MOSAIC, the Women’s Network, and Synergy – a people network to celebrate and promote ethnic diversity at Control Risks