Required qualification: As the primary function of this role is to direct CFIUS monitorship and audit engagements, the adjudication requirements set forth by the US Government require that team members be a US citizen only and hold no additional citizenship.
Control Risks’ CFIUS practice is evaluating candidates who want to join a dynamic team that bridges foreign direct investment, national security and trade policy considerations. The ideal candidate should have direct experience with the CFIUS process, the ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams, as well as the ability to build and foster relationships with clients. Prior experience may include strategic threat management, data analytics, cybersecurity, business strategy and trade compliance.
As a Director, you will be responsible for leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams in all phases of the CFIUS process, including pre-deal risk assessments, evaluating mitigation strategies and options, as well as performing independent third-party audits and monitorships of mitigation agreements.
As Director, you will be a key member of the client engagement team and be knowledgeable of clients’ big-picture objectives and challenges as well as the smallest details of their operational structures as they consider or participate in the CFIUS process. You will be responsible for managing and performing substantive CFIUS risk mitigation and advisory projects and conveying your results to internal and external project leadership. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for CFIUS monitorship and audit engagements to evaluate mitigation agreements
- Perform risk assessments and advise both US and foreign companies on CFIUS risk
- Manage and oversee of engagements and work product
- Build positive relationships with clients, prospects, and the US government
- Support business development and marketing initiatives specific to CFIUS
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of the CFIUS process
- Direct CFIUS transactional, mitigation, or monitoring experience
- Five or more years of experience working in the general domains of threat management, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, trade compliance, data analytics and/or compliance monitoring
- Past direct experience working with, or within, US government agencies on regulatory matters, national security, enforcement or trade compliance is preferred
- Previous experience in a client-facing role for a professional services firm (law firm or consulting) is preferred
Qualifications and Specialist Skills
- Excellent business writing skills
- Ability to adapt and excel in complex, dynamic and high-stakes scenarios
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Willing to travel up to 40%
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- Strong technical skills with an ability to plan and manage comprehensive reviews of various data sources within an enterprise
- Due to the national security implications of this role, it is open only to US citizens who do not hold dual citizenship with another country.
- All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.