When clients are engaged in significant litigation, Control Risks provides expertise to assess prospects, investigate facts and support settlement. With 37 global offices, our experience in international markets and network of in-country contacts make us leaders in investigative analysis and complex problem-solving regionally and globally. Clients also benefit from our global technology infrastructure, including digital forensics experts and data centers that allow us to collect, process, and host data for review and production across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific regions.
This position is responsible for playing a lead role in the growth of our dispute support practice across EMEA, based in London, and will lead our engagement with clients, with a particular focus on legal counsel, with the following core responsibilities:
1. Identifying and acquiring new client relationships for dispute support services – including business intelligence, investigations and technology support – across EMEA, and specifically the London market.
2. Managing and growing relationships with existing law firm clients of Control Risks that may be buyers of other services, in close collaboration with senior colleagues across service lines and our Markets and Partnerships team.
3. Leading our engagement with industry associations and other professional advisors to improve the awareness of our brand and services.
The successful candidate would join an established investigations practice with over 125 professionals across our business intelligence, investigations and forensics accounting and technology practices across 10 cities in the EMEA region.
Tasks And Responsibilities
Client management and business development
- Identify and secure new client relationships through pro-active business development efforts.
- Manage and grow existing client relationships and ensure that we best meet our client’s requirements for investigations and dispute support work.
- Ensure proposals focus on our clients’ requirements and our ability to meet them, and that our proposals stay ahead of the market by incorporating clients’ feedback and service innovation.
- Regular engagement with clients to understand how their requirements are evolving and ensure this is fed into discussions about products and services we are developing.
Brand and profile
- Develop and maintain a significant profile in the investigations industry.
- Develop our relationships with industry associations and professional advisors, and evaluate the best events and networks to engage, to raise awareness of our brand and services among dispute support professionals.
- Foster an inclusive, collaborative environment between practice areas, offices and regions.
- Ensure that pricing, margins and value are understood in the team to ensure we capture lower and higher margin opportunities.
- Collaborate with the regional Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence teams and other service lines on global business development initiatives.
- Experience of selling or delivering complex investigation and dispute support services for legal counsel across practice areas including commercial litigation, arbitration, regulatory and governance, insolvency and restructuring, white collar crime, eDiscovery and forensic investigations.
- Trusted advisor relationships with decision makers within relevant client groups.
- Identifying and growing new client relationships and growing a practice around this.
- Innovating services and successfully taking these to clients.
- Demonstrating in-depth knowledge and understanding of dispute support services and the framework processes of litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Professional experience in business intelligence, investigations or white-collar crime.
- Excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple commitments under time pressure.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen when planning and pricing projects.
- A trusted advisor.
- Innovates to create and deliver value to meet the needs of the organisation, its market and clients.
- Builds strong client relationships and those with internal colleagues across different departments.
- Ensures sound commercial awareness applied to all solutions, harnessing margin improvement.
- Is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Acts decisively and makes tough decisions even when under pressure.
- Persuades and influences others to achieve results
Career Framework Level – Band C. Application closing date for Control Risk employees 3 March 2022.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.