- Delivery of consulting excellence – maintaining and developing market leading position as leading business intelligence practice in North America
- Commercial Management – driving operational efficiencies and margin improvement.
- Project management – leading by example and setting best practice
- Business Development – building market share with clients, particularly in financial services (including but not limited to global investment banks, private equity, asset management/pension funds), and key multinationals for strategic intelligence investment support and M&A due diligence.
- Implementation of strategic objectives for growth of the Business Intelligence (BI) practice beyond research
- Leadership ¬– motivating and influencing a busy team to continue delivering best in class work to clients
Role tasks and responsibilities:
- Oversee the growth of the BI practice, drawing on cross-practice resources, skills and experience.
- Deliver margin and profit growth in BI, by providing line management, leadership and strategic oversight to the North America BI research team, and by ensuring consistency of commercial management, methodology and quality deliverables on due diligence, strategic intelligence, dispute and litigation support, market entry and other intelligence-based risk management projects.
- Drive growth in high-value, cross-practice engagements (with Global Risks Analysis, Regulatory Risk and Compliance Consulting, Security, Resilience and Cyber Services) and delivery of high-quality solutions and advice to clients.
- Scope, pitch, manage and execute complex BI projects and support the development of innovative delivery models and solutions across the team.
Business Development and Clients:
- Lead BI business development activities, provide account management and build the external profile of the BI practice through media, publications and conference addresses, as well as BI specific marketing events.
- Lead business development activities in the financial services (including but not limited to global investment banks, private equity, asset management/pension funds), M&A and compliance communities, managing key BI client accounts and delivering on ambitious personal BI sales targets.
- Promote Control Risks in the region to ensure the Company is consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Set and communicate business development targets that drive margin enhancement.
- Set best practice, implement strategic objectives of the BI practice
- Identify skills gaps in the team and lead on recruitment and development initiatives to fill those
- Work collaboratively with the Americas leadership to ensure commercial success through a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Manage and mentor developing investigative talent to ensure we retain our key talent. Work with HR to identify and recruit future talent as needed.
- Manage the existing North America research team of 12 professionals
- Champion internal risk management procedures to protect the business, practice and team
- Oversee and ensure sound financial and commercial management of the business intelligence team to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in law, investment banking, consulting or the investigations sector
- Strong background in an analytical, investigative or intelligence related role
- Technical understanding of the different facets of Business intelligence and its use in transactions, fraud investigation and dispute support
- Knowledge of fraud and corruption risks with detailed understanding of international anti-bribery and corruption laws and regulation.
- Understanding of the geopolitical and business environment for investment driven and financial services clients globally
- Proven strategic and team leadership experience
- Experience of selling and managing complex projects
- Comfortable communicating with C-suite and Board level clients
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (including politics, law, business or other equivalent) and/or professional qualification preferred
- Fluency in English and at least one other relevant world language
- Business and change management training or qualifications
- Interest in and ability to work as part of a team, which may include working with colleagues in other offices and countries
- Ability to work within a matrix organisation – to deliver to the strategic BD and client needs being a senior leader in the Americas business as well as a high-profile contributor to the regional BI leadership team
- Ability to interact and build relationships with clients across a broad range of industries and seniority
- Effective communication skills required in order to communicate complex concepts, both orally and in writing, with clients internally and externally
- Ability to direct and guide teams in the conduct of business development and project work for clients
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to think laterally in order to address problems facing our clients
- Ability to review processes and procedures internally with a view to enhancing our offerings.
- Has strong knowledge of their subject matter, and the ability to clearly articulate and communicate this expertise to varying levels of stakeholder
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.