- Full Time
An intern with the North America Business Intelligence practice supports our US/Canada investigative team through assistance with open source and public records research, as well as through the development and curation of internal databases and resources.
The summer intern will learn the fundamentals of conducting traditional investigations, gain exposure to industry tools and resources, begin to develop an investigative mindset, understand how to integrate different areas of expertise into projects and get a front row seat to the business side of an investigations practice in a consultancy context. Our Business Intelligence team conducts sophisticated background due diligence, litigation support investigations, integrity inquiries, asset searches, person of interest research, discreet source inquiries and other investigative projects for global clients and in support of other service lines.
- Conduct research in support of public record and open source investigations
- Develop investigative techniques for database research
- Learn the nuances of the US/Canadian public record
- Summarize relevant research findings in a well-organized report
- Draft investigative briefings for case managers and client meetings
- Collaborate with team members domestically and across the global firm
- Online or database research
- Inquisitiveness, creative problem-solving and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to process and distill large volumes of information
- Ability to take initiative, productively collaborate and work autonomously
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage expectations
- Currently enrolled in a degree program in a related field (journalism, law, political science, etc.)
- We expect everyone we work with to display behaviors reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
The hourly rate for this position is $19-$22 per hour, depending on level of education.