We are looking for a researcher to assist with retrieving and analysing database and public record information – with focus on Spain, Italy and the UK – to support business intelligence and due diligence projects in Europe.
- Understand and utilise a variety of open-source and proprietary public record databases to identify relevant information and conduct comprehensive research in support of business intelligence, investigations, litigation support and due diligence projects in Spain, Italy and the UK.
- Produce research findings in reports that are accurate, well-written and convey a narrative in English and suggest additional avenues of research.
- Ensure the delivery of projects on budget, scope and deadline.
- Participate in scoping engagements, designing research strategies on a case-by-case basis for multi-jurisdictional assignments.
- Support the team on business development initiatives such as attending conferences, client meetings and briefings.
- Support in drafting proposals and responding to local RFPs.
- An understanding of Spain, Italy and the UK’s political and commercial environment.
- Understanding of key issues relevant to doing business in the region.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to write concisely and authoritatively under deadlines, while interacting with colleagues and clients in challenging situations.
- Ability to understand, summarise and present large amounts of information.of
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written English, Italian and Spanish.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to use basic Microsoft Office programs: Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- The right to work in the UK.
- Fluency in another European language, both written and oral.
- Previous professional services firm or legal services firm experience.
- Experience of researching due diligence and business intelligence projects and presenting findings to clients.
For Control Risks employees only – Career Framework level F and closing date 14 March 2022.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.