A Researcher with the Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence team conducts high-level public record research in support of complex business intelligence, fraud and security assessment investigations, while also supporting all research components of cases involving corporate due diligence investigations and compliance-driven screenings.
This position requires both the organized and diligent collection of information as well as the flexibility and creativity to look beyond lists of search results. Through the analysis and report-writing process, the Researcher will help clients identify and mitigate sources of risk.
Role tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct thorough and detail-oriented research in support of compliance and investigative public record research projects
- Accurately identify and analyze relevant records, often within short timeframes
- Understand and utilize a variety of open-source and proprietary public record databases to identify information
- Summarize relevant research findings in a well-organized report
- Produce reports that are accurate, well-written and convey a narrative
- Collaborate with team members in the report writing and feedback process
- Demonstrated research and analysis experience, preferably in corporate investigations
- Experience in the use of public records, including media and litigation databases and online search tools.
- Understanding of the US legal system and regulatory environment and basic knowledge of US business and politics
- Inquisitiveness, creative problem-solving and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to process large volumes of information
- Proven track-record as a team player, but also ability to work autonomously
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and flexibility to manage multiple projects at once
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
A cover letter is not required for this role. In addition to your CV, please submit a 300-500 word response to one of the following prompts:
- Option 1: Tell us about a research project you’ve conducted. What was the goal of the project, and what types of sources did you use to complete the task?
- Option 2: Describe a reputational issue experienced by a Fortune 500 company in the last decade and the impact this issue had on the company.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- Medical Benefits, Prescription Benefits, FSA, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Disability Benefits, Voluntary Benefits, 401 (K) Retirement, Nationwide Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.