As a Senior Consultant in the Legal Technologies team, you will be responsible for providing advisory services to clients in their use of emerging technologies including analytics and artificial intelligence on forensic investigations, litigation, cyber and regulatory breaches.
The role will require you to exhibit entrepreneurialism, technical excellence, commercial acumen, and an ability to build relationships. You will need to assist in the creation of new innovative product and service offerings based on emerging technologies and showcase them out to market.
You will manage Legal Technology Consulting engagements, working with the existing Technology team to deliver services and work product to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations and company standards.
You will be an integral member of the wider EMEA Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence (CFI) practice, and help to build Control Risks’ reputation in the marketplace through networking, regularly assisting in authoring marketing content and developing client facing material.
This role has four focus areas:
1. Lead and manage the delivery of Legal Technology Consulting services engagements in multi-jurisdictions.
2. Assist in the development of new business offerings based on emerging technologies across EMEA.
3. Proactively undertake business development and account management activities, such as the creation of brand building material and live demonstrations of new technologies to our clients.
4. Provide support to the Legal Technology team, including raising awareness of emerging technologies, analytics workflow generation and instilling best practices globally
Time in the role is expected to be divided as set out below:
Technical Delivery (70% of Role)
-Exhibit technical expertise in the delivery of Legal Technology Consulting work streams.
-Deliver high quality work product with impeccable attention to detail.
-Enhance current and develop new innovative reporting outputs for eDiscovery workflows.
-Act as a senior executive on selected engagements, taking responsibility for the delivery of projects and managing client accounts.
Business Development & New Services (30% of Role)
-Build Control Risks’ reputation in the marketplace.
-Build your own profile as a subject matter expert in eDiscovery and Legal Technology.
-Provide live demonstrations of technology capabilities to prospective clients.
-Strengthen and expand your personal and Control Risks’ network of contacts.
-Proactively drive marketing initiatives, both internally and externally.
-Assist in developing new Legal Technology products and services based on emerging technologies.
-Manage development teams and Forensic Technology specialists in the formation of these services, including proof-of-concept testing.
-Assist in business cases financial projections and for new products and services.
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Ability to leverage technology to solve problems and to quickly develop proficiency in combining new technologies with innovative workflows.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences of varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while effectively juggling competing demands and evolving priorities.
- Awareness of other Forensic Technology competencies such as digital forensics, forensic data analytics and cyber.
- Comfortable presenting to large audiences on new solutions.
- Preferred experience in designing and creating objects in Relativity.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel and Powerpoint.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel internationally.
- Professional technology consulting experience in forensics, eDiscovery or investigations.
- Advanced expertise in all aspects of the eDiscovery lifecycle from identification through to production with the proven ability in managing concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of eDiscovery pricing models and the ability to create estimates and proposals for clients.
- Familiarity and interest in business development activities including researching and attending networking events, drafting thought pieces and presenting to clients.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in teams.
- The ability to build relationships internally and externally with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
For Control Risks employees only – Career Framework level D and closing date 14 April 2022.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.