The Senior Consultant, working with the Compliance, Forensics & Intelligence team, will provide risk management consulting services across the full spectrum of corporate investigations, including but not limited to fraud, theft, corruption, anti-trust and intellectual property investigations and other types of problem solving for regional and multinational clients. The Consultant will also help design, deliver and review compliance programs, consulting services and training to our clients. The overall objective of the consultant is to support clients and help to protect their integrity, reputation and assets when investing or operating in the region.
The Consultant will be an experienced professional, capable of growing in the role and assuming increased responsibility. He/she will be able to deliver projects and communicate with clients minimal supervision. He/she will also form part of a larger team and will benefit from the guidance of more senior consultants and the CFI manager.
Enjoy challenging work in a fun and collegial environment. We are an organization that values the individual contributions of our team members. Your personal contributions will directly impact the success of our organization as you:
- Work on complex forensic accounting investigations and compliance program reviews across a wide range of sectors, including transactional test work, data analysis and report preparation
- Support multi-jurisdictional engagements for international organizations alongside colleagues based in foreign jurisdictions
- Engage in creative thinking and general problem-solving
- Assist with scoping of engagements and management of day-to-day activities
- Support the cultivation of long-term relationships with clients through the delivery of high-quality projects
Support the cultivation of long-term relationships with clients through the delivery of high-quality projects
Knowledge and experience
- At least seven years of work experience in compliance, accounting or financial functions.
- Familiarity with financial evidence and data, transaction testing and summarizing complex financial and business issues in succinct reports
- Awareness of a wide range of regulations concerning our clients, including the FCPA, UK Bribery Act, Bank Secrecy Act, SOX, anti-trust rules and regulations, export controls and sanctions, among others
- Experience living in Spanish-speaking Latin America.
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Accounting, finance, economics or business undergraduate degree
- CPA, CFA, CFE, and/or CAMS certification
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and oral, advanced business English
- Professional demeanor and ability to present ideas persuasively to a business audience
- Proven track-record as a team player, but also ability to work autonomously or as a team leader
- Ability to work efficiently under tight and often multiple deadlines
- High level of professionalism, dedication and discretion
- High ethical standards, inherent integrity and instinctive appreciation of ethical behavior
- Drive, enthusiasm and commitment
- Inquisitiveness, creative problem-solving and attention to detail
- Self-starting, allied with pragmatism and common sense
- Logical thinking with an analytical and organized mindset
- Pro-active, able to “think outside the box”
- Ability to interact successfully across and with various cultures
- Availability for travel internationally