- Full Time
Title: Associate Director, Forensic Accountant
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
Deloitte Forensic is the pre-eminent forensic practice in Singapore and Southeast Asia and advises local, regional and global clients in the complex areas of Disputes, Discovery, Forensic Analytics, Forensic Investigations (including, fraud, corruption and misconduct), and Financial Crime Advisory.
We are looking for suitably qualified professionals to be a part of our Forensic Investigations team in Singapore. Our Forensic Investigations team helps clients who are facing regulatory concerns or actions, or sensitive internal investigations into fraud, corruption and misconduct.
Role and Responsibilities
• Service clients in Singapore and Southeast Asia in a variety of projects in the field of Forensic Investigations including Forensic Accounting, Financial Analysis, Fraud and Financial Investigations, Business Intelligence, Bribery and Corruption.
• To lead and manage a team of diverse investigators on complex financial fraud investigations.
• To manage all or part(s) of an engagement and supervise staff level engagement teams.
• Provide support to develop the Forensic Investigations skillset within the team.
• Maintain an awareness of local and international bribery and corruption legislation and stay up-to-date with emerging regulatory requirements and guidance.
• Review financial documents and analyse financial data to identify inaccuracies and discrepancies.
• Calculate financial impact of fraud/corruption/misconduct.
• Draft and review reports for Clients, Lawyers and Regulators.
• To identify issues quickly and to present solutions when reporting up to Directors and Partners.
• To develop junior staff including mentoring and training them both on engagements and in the department.
• Work with Partner/Director to develop the Forensic Investigations practice in Singapore.
• Provide training to internal and external audiences, and assist Partner/Director in public speaking engagements.
• Monitor revenue, WIP and billing on engagements.
• Manage or participate on projects of other Deloitte Forensic service lines, when needed.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Establish a strong leadership brand by inspiring others through passion, integrity, and appreciation.
- Create opportunities to drive impact by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams.
- Apply deep knowledge of trends and activity to drive continuous improvement.
- Build lasting relationships across a diverse network.
- Translate and communicate broader strategy into a convincing team vision and goals, in order to align the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives.
- Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline by championing a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where team members feels supported, respected and engaged.
• You will be CA or CPA qualified (or equivalent) with at least 8 years of relevant experience.
• Strong audit or accounting background and excellent people management skills will be key qualities to excel in this position.
• Prior experience in an area related to Forensic Accounting, Fraud & Financial Investigations, Business Intelligence or Internal Audit would be an advantage.
• You must have strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills.
• You must have demonstrated ability to work in a cohesive team environment and manage projects.
• You must be able to identify issues quickly and to present solutions when reporting to the Partner/Director.
• You must be able to lead or participate as a team member in client projects, on a day-to-day basis under Partner supervision.
• You must be a team player with very good communication, analytical and report writing skills.
• You must have a strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
• You must have the desire and drive to work for an exceptional challenge in a unique environment.
• Willing to participate and take ownership of practice growth and development initiatives.
• Willing and able to travel overseas on short notice.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.