Title: Manager, Forensic Accountant
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
Deloitte Forensic is the pre-eminent forensic practice in Singapore and Southeast Asia and advises local, regional and global clients in the complex areas of Disputes, Discovery, Forensic Analytics, Forensic Investigations (including, fraud, corruption and misconduct), and Financial Crime Advisory.
We are looking for suitably qualified professionals to be a part of our Forensic Investigations team in Singapore. Our Forensic Investigations team helps clients who are facing regulatory concerns or actions, or sensitive internal investigations into fraud, corruption and misconduct.
Role and Responsibilities
• Service clients in Singapore and Southeast Asia in a variety of projects in the field of Forensic Investigations including Forensic Accounting, Financial Analysis, Fraud and Financial Investigations, Business Intelligence, Bribery and Corruption.
• To manage a team of diverse investigators on complex financial fraud investigations.
• To manage part(s) of an engagement and supervise staff level engagement teams.
• Provide support to develop the Forensic Investigations skillset within the team.
• Maintain an awareness of local and international bribery and corruption legislation and stay up-to-date with emerging regulatory requirements and guidance.
• Review financial documents and analyse financial data to identify inaccuracies and discrepancies.
• Calculate financial impact of fraud/corruption/misconduct.
• Draft and review reports for Clients, Lawyers, Courts and Regulators.
• To identify issues quickly and to present solutions when reporting up to Directors and Partners.
• To develop junior staff including mentoring and training them both on engagements and in the department.
• Work with Partner/Director to develop the Forensic Investigations practice in Singapore.
• Provide training to internal and external audiences.
• Monitor revenue, WIP and billing on engagements.
• Manage or participate on projects of other Deloitte Forensic service lines, when needed.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
• You will be CA or CPA qualified (or equivalent) with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
• Strong audit or accounting background and excellent people management skills will be key qualities to excel in this position.
• Prior experience in an area related to Forensic Accounting, Fraud & Financial Investigations, Business Intelligence or Internal Audit would be an advantage.
• You must have strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills.
• You must have demonstrated ability to work in a cohesive team environment and manage projects.
• You must be able to identify issues quickly and to present solutions when reporting to the Partner/Director.
• You must be able to participate as a team member in client projects, on a day-to-day basis under Partner or Director supervision.
• You must be a team player with very good communication, analytical and report writing skills.
• You must have a strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
• You must have the desire and drive to work for an exceptional challenge in a unique environment.
• Willing to participate and take ownership of practice growth and development initiatives.
• Willing and able to travel overseas on short notice.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.