Title: MY Financial Advisory Forensic Associate / Senior Associate / Assistant Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Service clients in Malaysia and Southeast Asia in a variety of projects in the field of Forensic Investigations and Disputes including Forensic Accounting, Financial Analysis, Fraud and Financial Investigations, Business Intelligence, Bribery and Corruption, guided by experienced Managers and Directors
- Review financial documents and analyse financial data to identify inaccuracies and discrepancies
- Calculate financial impact of fraud/corruption/misconduct and assist with damage quantification
- Perform document review including review of electronic documents and email using review tools and software
- Perform background searches and relationship mapping using databases and publicly available information
- Assist in interviews and preparation of interview transcripts / summary notes
- Develop and maintain an awareness of local and international bribery and corruption legislation and stay up-to-date with emerging regulatory requirements and guidance
- Assist with the drafting of reports for Clients, Lawyers, Courts, Tribunals and Regulators
- Assist with practice development activities in Malaysia including attending marketing events and networking with colleagues across Deloitte Southeast Asia
- Assist Partner/Director in public speaking engagements
- Assist with project engagement administrative tasks and keep project engagement files organised and up-to-date
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associate / Senior Associates / Assistant Manager across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Management, Law or related disciplines or undertaken professional papers (e.g. ACCA)
- Senior Associates should preferable be professionally qualified (e.g. ACCA, CPA) but not essential
- Senior Associates are expected to have 2 to 4 years' experience in forensic work of an investigative nature or internal audit with exposure to fraud enquires. Those with an external audit background or legal background with exposure to investigations will also be considered
- Strong analytical skills and able to deliver high quality work product
- Good skills in proposal preparation and part of the team for bidding of global / regional opportunities
- Good sense of business, good consultation skills, self-initiation, good team player and willingness to work under pressure
- Mature, proactive and committed to delivering hiqh quality service and deliverables to our clients
- Good command of English with excellent written and oral communication skills, technical and business writing, good documentation and presentation skills
- Willing to travel
- Knowledge of AML / Anti Bribery & Corruption will be an added advantage
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint presentation skills is a must
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.