Title: MY – Financial Advisory : Forensic Manager (Data Analytics)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
• Analysing large and disparate data to support or refute the facts and allegations of disputes, investigations and litigations
• Managing modelling projects including model design, data preparation, model development, implementation, documentation, and on-going validation & optimisation of rules/ scenarios
• Establishing integrated and automated workflows to meet compliance requirements for know your customer (KYC), anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorism financing (CFT) and anti-bribery and corruption compliance
• Conducting interviews with business and technical parties to gather requirements, identify risk factors, and establish metrics that provide enhanced visibility on control environments
• Helping clients to assess and leverage new data sources, techniques and technologies to improve business processes and compliance
• Contributing to impactful recommendations on clients’ operating models, including people, process, technology, and data considerations
• Lead teams to provide high-quality, professional day-to-day execution engagements and projects in line with the firm's risk management practices for clients across a wide range of industries as well as providing coaching, quality assurance reviews, time management, and ensuring constant delivery of high quality outputs.
• Perform engagement planning, supervise scheduling, coordination and administration of engagements
• Responsible for the management of budgets, cost-control and reporting any exceptions
• Produce quality working papers, review/revise work and take lead in drafting reports and proposals
• Being informed and stay up to date with emerging AML and other regulatory requirements and guidance affecting clients in the financial services industry.
• Maintain professional and positive client interactions whilst providing support to Compliance function including dealing with ad-hoc queries
• Assist with the development of new forensic services opportunities to address market demands and grow a pipeline of new opportunities
• Assist Partner/Director in public speaking engagements
• Supporting projects from other Deloitte Forensic service lines, as and where required.
• Take a proactive role in creating market demand for forensic services, proactively identify pull through opportunities and raise internal and external awareness of services
• Take a proactive role in developing the forensic knowledge base within the team and assist with the development of in-house expertise
• Contribute to personal and overall team development, through staying up-to-date with forensic accounting related news, technical and regulatory developments
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
• Bachelor degree in accounting, computer science, information management or related skills
• Demonstrable experience and fluency in three or more of the following technical areas are essential:-
– Strong data manipulation and analysis skills (e.g. SQL, R, Python, Hive, SAS).
– Experience with industry standard RDMS (eg. Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL).
– Database design and development (ie. Microsoft SQL Server or IBM DB2).
– Data loading and ETL solutions (ie. Microsoft SSIS or IBM DataStage ).
– Reporting and data visualisation tools (eg. Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview, D3).
– Scripting or programming experience (eg. C#, VB.net, Java, Python).
– Experience of text analytics through use of taxonomies, concept searching, machine learning and/or clustering.
• Strong conceptual, analytical, and critical thinking with the ability to dive deep into analytics while also contributing to larger strategic discussions, as well as being able to work independently.
• A “can do” attitude with the sense of urgency and the confidence to build problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues and set and manage aggressive goals for self and others.
• An ability to present complex quantitative analyses and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences, including senior client executives, in a clear, concise and actionable manner.
• Strong writing skills to contribute to proposals and the production of deliverables.
• Accounting knowledge would be beneficial
• Enthusiasm for learning new things and a willingness to teach others.
• Profound understanding of local, regional or international AML regulatory environment and common money laundering schemes
• Experience working with AML and Know Your Customer operations at a financial institution would be advantageous
• Demonstrate a proven technical excellence in order to manage and execute complex AML projects
• Understanding of AML engagement approaches and methodologies in order to devise and execute solutions
• Strong client management and people skills
• Fluent in both written and oral English
• Proficient with MS Office, especially MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.