Title: MY Financial Advisory : Forensic Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
• Lead teams to provide high-quality, professional day-to-day execution of AML engagements and projects in line with the firm's risk management practices for clients across a wide range of industries
• Perform engagement planning, supervise scheduling, coordination and administration of engagements
• Responsible for the management of budgets, cost-control and reporting any exceptions
• Lead teams in a managed service centre environment which includes providing coaching, quality assurance reviews, time management, and ensuring constant delivery of high quality outputs.
• Responsible for supervising teams on undertaking standard and enhanced client due diligence checks during customer onboarding and periodic review including validating customer information obtained through the Know Your Customer process
• Responsible for supervising teams on evaluating sanction alerts and investigations of transaction monitoring alerts including documentation of rationale for confirming or discounting the alerts.
• Produce quality working papers, review/revise work and take lead in drafting reports and proposals
• Being informed and stay up to date with emerging AML and other regulatory requirements and guidance affecting clients in the financial services industry.
• Maintain professional and positive client interactions whilst providing support to Compliance function including dealing with ad-hoc queries
• Assist with the development of new forensic services opportunities to address market demands and grow a pipeline of new opportunities
• Assist Partner/Director in public speaking engagements
• Supporting projects from other Deloitte Forensic service lines, as and where required.
• Take a proactive role in creating market demand for forensic services, proactively identify pull through opportunities and raise internal and external awareness of services
• Take a proactive role in developing the forensic knowledge base within the team and assist with the development of in-house expertise
• Contribute to personal and overall team development, through staying up-to-date with forensic accounting related news, technical and regulatory developments
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Management, Law or related disciplines or undertaken professional papers (e.g. ACCA)
• Profound understanding of local, regional or international AML regulatory environment and common money laundering schemes
• Experience working with AML and Know Your Customer operations at a financial institution would be advantageous
• Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills, self-motivation, being able to work independently and possess an enquiring mind
• Demonstrate a proven technical excellence in order to manage and execute complex AML projects
• Understanding of AML engagement approaches and methodologies in order to devise and execute solutions
• Strong client management and people skills
• Fluent in both written and oral English
• Proficient with MS Office, especially MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.