About the Business
Financial Advisory (FA) practice of Deloitte China provides strategic and financial advisory services to clients throughout all phases of the economic cycle. FA comprises several distinct but related global service lines whose shared principal objective is the creation and enhancement of shareholder and stakeholder value.
Deloitte Forensic Services assist organizations in managing forensic issues and provide a wide range of proactive and reactive solutions for organizations' financial crisis management and response. We help clients navigate increasingly complex regulatory requirements and business environments, as well as any challenge arising from fraud and disputes.
Work you'll do
- Investigate and compile case information in the context of forensic enquiries, fraud compliance reviews and/ or disputes and litigation support engagements
- Assist clients (including families) and legal representatives with expertise in accounting and financial analysis, to provide insights at all stages of complex investigations and dispute situations
- Identify and collect relevant data, and apply accounting and financial knowledge as well as Deloitte’s methods to draw insightful findings and effectively diagnose a crisis situation
- Develop informed recommendations to alleviate business concerns or help stabilize a client’s business and/ or critique an adversary’s position and help build the client’s position
- Assist with (or conduct) interviews, transaction testing and other forensic review procedures
- Perform research in public records databases and other data sources to identify relevant litigation, criminal records, bankruptcy records, tax liens, adverse media, regulatory issues, and/or sanction and watch list records on entities and individuals
- Summarize and present large volumes of information in an organized and efficient manner
- Help drafting reports of findings (and/or expert witness reports) for partner review / clients in a timely manner
- Help the team with major client pursuits including proposal preparation and business development initiatives
- Produce a high quality work product and collaborate with other professionals to deliver a superior client experience
- Manage own work in an ethical manner with a continuous attention to quality and risk rules, and confidentiality
During your tenure with us, you will demonstrate and develop your leadership and professional capabilities in the following areas: Inspiring, Creating purpose, Driving agility, Building diverse capability, Influencing, Collaborating, Delivering value, Building the business, Analytical acumen, Effective communication, Engagement management/delivery excellence, Managing change, Managing quality & risk, Sales excellence, Strategic thinking and problem solving, and Tech savviness.
We are looking for someone with
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Management, Law or related disciplines
- Preferably with certification of CICPA , HKICPA, CFA, CFE or relevant qualification, but not a must
- One to three years' experience in disputes/forensic/law field, preferably on work of an investigative nature or internal audit with exposure to fraud enquires and/ or litigation support / disputes / arbitration engagements
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with high commitment to quality client service
- Fast learner, with flexibility and adaptability to work in different service lines and on different industries
- Self-initiation, good team player and willingness to work under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese, including technical, business and formal report writing, good documentation and presentation skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Willingness to travel (occasionally with short notice)
Shape your future through impact that matters
For more than 100 years of history, Deloitte witnessed also had the honor to be part of the economic boom in China by providing industry-leading audit & assurance, consulting, risk advisory, financial advisory, tax & business advisory services to nearly 90% of the Fortune Global 500 Chinese companies and thousands of private companies. Deloitte China today carries on our centenary professionalism and strives to become the undisputed leader in professional services in China with strong responsibility and capabilities in digitalization and multidisciplinary services.
Deloitte has been named China's Top Employer since 2006, Universum's Most Attractive Employer in China since 2008, and the Best Workplaces in Greater China since 2019.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte China or by their external third-party provider.
Ready to take on new challenges? Apply now!
Stay connected for the latest career opportunities, follow us on Deloitte China Social Media.