As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you’re equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll take the lead on software/product incident response, risk reviews, vulnerability assessments, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You’ll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The Digital Forensics Engineer will design, develop, test and implement security solutions tailored to the needs of our operational partners. The successful candidate will work within the Digital Forensics Engineering team, in partnership with the firm’s Architecture, Security Operations and Lines of businesses, in a hands-on environment; working with numerous and varied applications.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Performs development/automation, deployment, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the firm’s enterprise security platforms
- Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of the firm’s enterprise security platforms
- Provide technical inputs to management during proof-of-concept reviews for new security products
- Provide technical guidance to the Security Operations Center and/or the lines of businesses during investigations or incident response
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Security platform or endpoint engineering experience within a large-scale or global enterprise
- Experience in designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining security solutions
- Hands on experience with digital forensics and eDiscovery applications
- Knowledge of Data Loss Prevention and Threat Intelligence products is a plus
- Experience engineering security for the following platforms: Windows physical and virtual desktops, laptops, UNIX/Linux/RHEL Servers, Windows servers and Databases, Containers
- Thorough understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems as well as their design and security
- Command of programming/scripting languages such as Java, PowerShell, Python and/or Bash
- Understanding of network concepts such as Firewalls, Load-balancers, web proxies and complex network designs
- Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
- Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
- Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
- Ability to identify network attacks or systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.