TI Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Director to join its Business Intelligence team in London. The Business Intelligence team conducts corporate investigations, uncovers actionable business intelligence, supports clients in commercial disputes, and provides clear analysis to help decision-makers address and mitigate risk, protect assets and maximise opportunities in a variety of jurisdictions worldwide. Its expertise lies in investigative due diligence, asset tracing, fraud and anti-corruption investigations, litigation support, whistle-blower allegations, third-party integrity screening, political risk assessments and other bespoke engagements.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned and analytically minded researcher with excellent writing skills and a strong work ethic. They must have experience working in a commercial environment. They will be a self-starter who takes initiative in their approach to work and a team player who is able to easily engage with senior management, junior analysts, and clients. A skilled communicator, they will be able to convey complex ideas clearly and nimbly articulate their findings to internal and external audiences. They must exhibit an inquisitive mindset and the ability to think laterally about complex problems. You will get the opportunity to establish their career in the business intelligence industry.
As a Director in the Business Intelligence team, you will have the opportunity to work on cross-segment projects with other teams within Forensic and Litigation Consulting, such as Forensic Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Services, and Data and Analytics, as well as other practices within FTI Consulting, such as Strategic Communications, Economic and Financial Consulting, and Technology.
What You’ll Do
Director will support on a range of complex and multi-jurisdictional projects, including investigative due diligence, asset traces, fraud investigations and political risk assessments, from both a research and project management standpoint. Directors are expected to support and coordinate the output of junior analysts, as well as conduct independent, first-class research and analysis, drawing upon the range of search engines and databases generally available, and those available to the company, while working on multiple assignments simultaneously. Although working as part of a team, they will often be relied upon to drive research forward with minimal guidance, demonstrating flexibility, critical thinking and the ability to identify relevant lines of inquiry.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of client deliverables via oversight of the desktop research;
- Coordinate team output by briefing and managing junior staff members and external resources;
- Maintenance of case deadlines, and verbal and/or written updates to the Client, to ensure the timely reporting of client deliverables;
- Involvement in overall case project management and administration;
- Support research and drafting of project proposals and broader business development initiatives;
Training and support of junior analysts;
- Contribute to identifying and developing resources useful for investigative research; and,
- Consult with and take direction from senior case managers and clients on project status, timing, and deliverables.
Qualifications & Experience
- Directors must have over five years’ experience in business intelligence and investigations
- Demonstrated track record as lead analyst on a range of projects, including pre-transactional due diligence, asset traces and fraud investigations
- Knowledge of relevant research tools and databases
- Proven commercial writing style and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral English-language communication skills and knowledge of additional foreign languages
- Proficiency in Danish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Turkish or Ukrainian is recommended
- Experience in project management, liaising with internal and external resources and reporting to senior management and clients
- Ability to reliably meet deadlines and manage multiple time sensitive matters simultaneously
- A sound understanding of legal, financial, AML, KYC and anti-bribery principles, as well as an interest in international affairs
- Experience living or working abroad is desirable
- Experience of i2 is desirable
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Free snacks and drinks
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.