FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring.
In Asia, FTI Consulting has a team of more than 350 professionals situated in 10 countries across the region. We provide advice on issues in the areas of finance, risk, governance, performance, reputation, intelligence, compliance and liability. We deliver solutions through our market-leading business practices of Corporate Finance/Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic and Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology.
About the Role
The Forensic Litigation and Consulting team is involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
In specific, Data & Analytics team (D&A) delivers strategic business solutions for clients requiring in-depth analysis of large, disparate sets of financial, operational, and transactional data. Few organizations are prepared to cope with the large volume of information generated in today’s business environment, requiring corporations to take new approaches to assessing and prioritising what is relevant when managing critical cases and issues. The D&A team uses leading edge technologies and proven methodologies to identify, acquire, and transform massive amounts of complex and diverse information into workable databases, then uses FTI’s business and industry expertise to analyse problems or opportunities and identify solutions to achieve optimal outcomes for our clients.
What You’ll Do
As a Director you will develop in-depth knowledge of your clients’ objectives and challenges in order to design and implement innovative strategies to assist them through their current difficulties and prepare them for the future. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Effectively working with clients in order to develop the work plan for identifying, acquiring, synthesizing, mining and analysing relevant data.
- Identifying the relationships among multiple sources and types of data, and organizing this information to facilitate effective data analysis.
- Designing and implementing complex financial database models to generate meaningful statistics and resolve disputes.
- Analysing and interpreting historical financial, operational, and transactional data.
- Supervising the day-to-day activities of projects including interaction with client personnel, FTI team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
- Preparing and reviewing written analyses, reports, presentations, and interrogatories for third parties on the project scope and/or results of activities.
- Identifying potential opportunities and effectively communicating service offerings through both internal and external channels.
*The role could be based in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
- Business Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of consulting experience in finance, economics, accounting, information technology, or litigation support.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently with excellent organizational skills.
- Able to effectively develop work programs.
- Able to provide quality assurance and supervision.
- Able to produce high quality and/or final work product under strict deadlines.
- Able to regularly communicate status (to both internal and external clients).
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English required; Mandarin preferred
- Able to adapt quickly in handling multiple/evolving tasks as a result of new engagements and/or re-prioritized deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, motivated, eager to learn, and able to motivate others.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices.
- Technical Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of data analysis experience using MS SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Minimum 3 years of experience with complex data manipulation techniques, including data mining and result interpretation.
- Proficient in relational database design and development
- Able to utilize technology to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of one or more popular ERPs such as SAP, JDE, and PeopleSoft are a plus.
- Experience with Tableau Professional, i2 Analyst’s Notebook, Oracle APEX or other visualisation tools is a plus.
- Able to effectively manage multiple staff and projects.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.