The Director will be responsible for managing multiple aspects of specific client matters related to the forensic collection and analysis of electronic data from computers, mobile devices, cloud sources, etc. Data will be collected following industry best practices related to chain of custody, etc. Post collection, the data will be extracted or analyzed via the use of industry standard digital forensic tools such as Axiom, EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite, NUIX, Relativity, etc. The Director will assist with tasks including computer and mobile forensic analysis investigations, expert report writing and eDiscovery consulting.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Learns well on the fly – while we do have training materials and sessions, most learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
- Communicates well – is excellent at boiling down complex concepts to explain them simply via verbal and written communication.
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, organized way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently and with different client demands
- Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Craves industry knowledge – is immersed in the digital forensics community and strives to stay on top of the ever-changing technology landscape.
- Works hard – while innovation is part of future success, everyone has common tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which attention to detail and high-quality client service are crucial.
- Enjoys solving the impossible – we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
- Able to travel when requested. Certain times may require up to 50% travel.
What You’ll Do
- Lead on-site collection of data at client facilities from servers, desktops, laptops, cell phones, tablets and removable media. Locations may include domestic and international travel
- Verify, analyze and transfer secure data sets from the field
- Analyze and deploy best practices applicable to the handling and analysis of electronic evidence
- Perform forensic investigations as needed
- Utilize off-the-shelf and proprietary data collection, analysis, and reporting tools
- When appropriate, will process data into Relativity and assist with workspace set up and some review support
- Participate in the development of customer proposals
- Assist in the development of white-papers, published reports, and articles relevant to the field of electronic discovery and reconstruction
- Develop tools and methodologies to incorporate into current workflow
- Provide assistance to other teams within FTI as needed
How You’ll Grow
The Director will have the opportunity to gain a wide range of experiences and skills across the full spectrum of service lines FTI Consulting Technology offers. The Senior Director will have access to working with senior leadership, learning from the best in the industry. The person in this role will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects and think outside the box.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Digital Forensics, IS, or other relevant technical course work.
- 8+ years of professional experience in a related field.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices.
- Covid Vaccine Required*
- Experience in digital forensics, litigation support, information systems or other relevant experience.
- Familiarity with EnCase, Axiom, Cellebrite, Oxygen, Blacklight, Forensic Toolkit (FTK), NUIX, and/or open source (Linux) forensic tools.
- A strong understanding of Windows and MacOS based systems including the ability to digest various logs and other prominent artifacts that highlight a user’s actions. Linux and UNIX experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of and comfort with computer hardware, cell phones, and tablets.
- Demonstrable expertise in cloud-based enterprise systems, such as M365 and Google Workspace.
- An ability to design and implement scripts to automate various analysis functions. SQL and Python knowledge is a plus.
- Familiarity with emerging digital collaboration platforms such as Slack, Jira, Confluence, etc. Prior use of Onna a plus.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a simple and concise manner.
- Professional certifications including EnCE / CCE / ACE a plus.
- Ability to travel on short notice on extended assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting email@example.com.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.