The Digital Forensics & Investigations team at FTI Consulting supports and advises clients in the areas of confidential data disputes, regulatory investigations, litigations, and all types of evidence-driven technology challenges. We are seeking a technologist to join our growing team who brings strong problem-solving capabilities and technical acumen to navigating client challenges in a defensible manner.
A Director in this team will be responsible for collaborating in building out solutions to defensibly pull, report, and analyse data from quickly evolving cloud-based and traditional technologies using a combination of industry standard applications and in-house developed tools and workflows.
What You’ll Do
The FTI Digital Forensics & Investigations team advises clients on a broad range of matters that provides a variety of work and the opportunity to develop deep expertise. At Director level you will be a subject matter expert and take a leading role in delivering client projects.
- Develop defensible, efficient, and repeatable solutions for collecting data at scale from a variety of evolving online and offline sources.
- Develop and expand eDiscovery tooling and processes to support forensic collection, analysis, review, and reporting.
- Collaborate with clients, consultants, and other technologists to design and develop solutions that ensure an efficient and appropriate use of technologies and frameworks to reduce risk and minimise overhead when conducting engagements.
- Given a data source, find or create a defensible and efficient approach around data collection.
- Innovate and iterate on data collection, extraction, transformation, and enrichment.
- Apply data science principals to help FTI Technology improve process efficiencies and reduce risk.
- Proven track record of introducing automation to workflows.
- Leverage existing FTI tools/applications to serve FTI clients Preferred Skills.
- Evaluate relevant emerging technologies to understand where or if these technologies should be considered for adoption inside of FTI Technology.
- Be service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary.
- Travelling as required to perform work at client premises, sometimes at short notice.
Qualifications & Experience
- Computer Science degree or Master’s in Computer Science preferred and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrable experience in developing software, preferably in a role with responsibility for developing and implementing software architecture.
- Working knowledge of DevOps toolchain implementations on-prem and in the cloud.
- Enterprise systems administrator experience desirable
- Exposure to the legal forensic technology sphere.
How You’ll Grow
FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities, a dedicated career coach who will assist you with your transition into the business, as well as an open, collaborative environment where knowledge sharing is actively encouraged. From your first day as part of the team you will be working alongside and learning from some of the leading professionals in the industry.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 7,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.