The Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice offers one of the industry’s most complete range of advisory services to clients across the world. Our service offerings include anti-money laundering compliance and investigations; Bribery and corruption investigations; forensic accounting; fraud and other financial crime investigations; governance, risk and regulatory advice; regulatory investigations and litigation support and transactional data analytics.
The London office of the Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice of FTI Consulting is looking for candidates with 6-8 years of professional experience (including substantial experience of investigative and related experience). Joining as a Director, you will be involved in complex and high-profile dispute and investigation cases. Working on behalf of law firms, corporations, governments and high net worth individuals you will be involved in teams with forensic, investigative, data analytic and litigation experience to provide our clients the best possible service.
What You’ll Do:
You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of accounting disputes and financial investigations, including , which will include preparing expert witness reports. These will generally involve interactions with other team members, client personnel and professionals from other firms involved in our engagements. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supervises and performs day-to-day activities of projects including interaction with client personnel, other team members, and professionals from other firms involved in accounting advisory and forensic and litigation consulting engagements.
- Performs accounting and financial analysis and assists clients with analysing and documenting complex investigative issues.
- Organising information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Perform industry and company research utilising online tools and publicly available information, assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties, and develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Applying accounting, financial and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines, such as detailed reviews of financial statements and underlying accounting records and the application of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Maintaining detailed working paper records of reflecting assumptions, methodologies, and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Supervises more junior team member’s analyses.
- Delivers a high quality product within established timeframes.
- Preparing draft written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope and/or results of activities.
How You’ll Grow:
Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent international accountancy qualification;
- Substantial experience in forensic and / or investigations experience
- Any degree discipline
- Substantial experience of audit at public accounting firm
- Substantial experience of diverse investigative or forensic accounting
- Anti-corruption Risk Assessment Skills including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.K. Bribery Act
- Internal Controls Evaluation Skills including Accounting Internal Controls
- Investigative Due Diligence including Investigative Journalism
- Strong forensic accounting skills, with detailed knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements
- Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence, problem solving is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Proficient use and analysis of computer models, databases, and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications
- A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client needs
- Ability to travel at short notice / This role requires travel to clients and FTI officesThis role requires travel to clients and FTI offices