We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
The Forensic and Litigation practice of FTI Madrid (Spain) is looking for candidates with up to 8 years of forensic consulting, dispute advisory or financial advisory experience. You will work in diverse teams including a wide array of organizations and their legal counsel, who turn to us for assistance with expert testimony, valuation models, forensic accounting, corporate intelligence investigations, and financial and economic analysis.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of accounting disputes and financial investigations, which will include preparing expert witness reports. These will generally involve interactions with other team members, client personnel and professionals from other firms involved in our engagements. Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Supervise and perform day-to-day activities in support of technical accounting advisory projects including interaction with client personnel, other team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
• Apply strong accounting, financial, and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines, creating financial models, cash flow analysis, completing business related valuations, and other analyses as dictated by the needs of the client company or transaction.
• Organising information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
• Maintaining detailed working paper records of reflecting assumptions, methodologies, and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
• Preparing written reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope and/or results of activities. This will include the preparation of Expert witness reports or other reports of financial or economic nature, related to fraud investigations and compliance issues.
• Provide expert testimony of Expert witness reports in litigations contexts, if necessary.
• Management of Senior Consultants and Consultants in order to attend project’s needs.
• In detail review of Senior Consultant and Consultant´s working papers and analysis in order to maintain quality and organization.
• Working to deliver a quality product within established timeframes.
• Performs technical industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
How You’ll Grow
- As a member of this practice, you will be involved in highly complex and high-profile legal, financial and reputational cases. Working on behalf of corporations, governments and law firms, each case calls for a team of people with exactly the right expertise and range of forensic, investigative, data analytic and litigation experience.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
• Up to 7-8 years of experience at Forensic/Financial advisory teams and specific experience in damage assessment, fraud and compliance investigations (FCPA, ABA, etc.), auditing, business plan review, restructuring, etc.
• Strong accounting and financial knowledge.
• Strong forensic accounting skills, with detailed knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements.
• Strong financial experience, experience in modelling required.
• Strong analytical skills and well-developed aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, confident and impactful presenter.
• Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence, problem solving is essential.
• Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
• Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Fluent English and Spanish is essential. Additional European language is highly desirable.
• Ability to travel.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Free snacks and drinks
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.