We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
FTI is looking for accounting professionals with eight or more years of technical accounting and related experience. As a Director, you will be responsible for providing accounting advisory and forensic accounting services and other analytical skills to various client situations.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise and perform day-to-day activities of projects including interaction with client personnel, other team members, and professionals from other firms involved in accounting advisory and forensic and litigation consulting engagements.
- Perform technical accounting and financial analysis and assists clients with analyzing and documenting complex investigative issues.
- Lead teams in the execution of projects that involve research in complex technical accounting topics. Such topics can include
- Revenue Recognition and related costs (ASC 606 and ASC 340-40)
- Derivatives and hedging (ASC 815)
- Consolidation (ASC 810)
- Business combinations (ASC 805)
- Leases (ASC 842)
- Organize information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Perform technical accounting research utilizing online tools and publicly available information, assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties, and develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Apply accounting, financial and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines, such as detailed reviews of financial statements and underlying accounting records and the application of GAAP.
- Maintain detailed working paper records of reflecting assumptions, methodologies, and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Prepare draft written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope and/or results of activities.
- Stay connected with the marketplace to identify new opportunities and projects
- Assist with mentoring and developing staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training
How You’ll Grow
This is an excellent opportunity to have an immediate impactful role on client engagements and become a player in the historic changes taking place in the investigative industry and corporate America.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant or foreign equivalent with strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS and SEC requirements.
- Five or more years of technical accounting and audit experience, experience at a large multi-national.
- Experience in managing and supervising teams
- Ability to travel occasionally based on client need
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
- COVID Vaccine required*
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.